o n e

aurora
ɔːˈrɔːrə\
the goddess of sunrise whose tears would become morning dew

i would watch her from my window. out on the street wearing those pretty dresses that i loved the most. she was my guilty pleasure. aurora; she was a goddess. she was mine.

her mother was traditional. every week they would attend sunday and thursday church services at the little chapel in the town centre. aurora was banned from wearing makeup, her hair had never been dyed or straightened or cut unnecessarily. for a sixteen year old, she had the body and mind of someone much younger. but i loved that about her. her youth was exhilarating.

i moved in to number three harlotte road on the seventeenth of may two years ago. it was then that aurora and i first met. the clock reading four pm, i was unboxing old books when i heard the doorbell ring. i opened the door expecting a mailman or a woman who would ask if i had ever thought of donating to save the polar bears. but no. i opened the door and lay eyes on her.

she stood shivering in the cold, dressed in nothing but a nightie and slipper socks. her dusty blonde hair had been pulled back and plaited loosely. she shuffled her feet a bit and then with her doe eyes, a brilliant sapphire colour, she looked up from her feet and presented me with a plate of homemade cookies.

'hello sir, i'm sorry to bother you but mother said you were new here. she sent me to give you these.'

she dropped the plate into my open palms and turned to leave.

i reached out and caught her arm before she walked away. she felt so thin, easily breakable in my strong grip. her mousey hair blew wildly in the wind as she looked back at me with shock on her pale face.

'i never caught your name darling.'

'aurora.'

+

heLlo my lovely kitties pLz Njoy w0t will soo0n be a V cute n kinKy fic xx