His eyes led their way to Leo’s direction and his brows furrowed. He moved closer to Leo and placed his hand over him, checking his body and his breathing.

When he returned his gaze at me, his lips were parted and a trace of confusion and amazement mingled in his eyes.

“His breathing is stable,” he said, making me sigh in relief. “And the wounds are gone… What did you do?”

I took that chance to tell him everything. From the memories of Habibah that kept flashing right through my eyes and down to the strange meeting with her in my dream. I left no crumbs of information to Asim—well, except for those what have been happening between Khufu and I.

“How are you feeling?” he asked.

“I'm fine…” I breathed deeply. “Just a lil exhausted.”

“You should train your mind more, Hesperia, rather than focusing on channeling the power through your physical body,” he advised. “That method may lessen the pain after exerting your power.”

I faintly smiled at him and nodded. “Thank you, Asim. I'll remember that.”

I knew it was risky to heal Leo in a temple and I prepared myself for whatever might come.

But this was beyond my expectations.

“The lion has been resurrected!” one of the physician declared right after he examined Leo who was already awake. “It came back to life!”

Astounded, all of them fixated their eyes to Asim who stood beside me, waiting for him to confirm the question plastered on their faces, until one finally exclaimed. “High Priest Asim brought back the lion to life!”

“No,” Asim immediately waved his hand, dismissing their assumptions. He then pointed at me. “It was her who did it.”

“Huh? Asim!” I widened my eyes, gesturing him to take back what he just said. He could've just let them think that way!

He shrugged. “I don't credit myself for something I hadn’t done.”

In a blink of an eye, the physicians flocked in front of me and bombarded me with irrelevant questions. This was what I was avoiding to happen. Ugh.

“Do you live here?” one asked.

I forced a smile. “Not really.”

“Where did you come from?”

“Somewhere… far away.”

“How did you heal the lion, Miss?”

“I’m… not sure.”

“Can you teach us how to do it?”

“No.”

“Is it a hard spell? A hard technique?”

“I… I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Then are you a physician?”

“No.”

“A priest?”

“No.”

They all threw each other a meaningful gaze as if they were constructing a conclusion in their minds. I wondered what was it until a female physician cleared her throat.

I raised my brows, clueless, as she suddenly clasped her hands on my shoulders and made a serious look.

What’s up with them now?

“You’re a goddess!”

I hurled a dramatic gasped. “No!”

But they sounded very certain to the point they began to kneel in front of me. I stepped back, not knowing what to react.