Chapter 73: Spells

Brenna

"Could you write down the spells for me?"

"I already have." Magenta waved her arm, and a thick book floated across the room and set itself on the table before us. "This is your grimoire. In it, you'll find all the spells you will need. You can also add to it as you find different spells that you like. That way, it will become yours."

"Thank you." I ran my fingertips over the leather binding and raised gold letters when I noticed something. "Magenta, this has my name on it."

She chuckled, clearly pleased by my reaction. "Because it's yours."

"Thank you," I repeated, glad I had her as a mentor and friend.

Just then, the serving tray floated through the air, set itself in the center of the table, and the dishes and utensils got to work. When everything was finished, I took a sip of the steaming hot coffee. "Oh, wow! This is delicious." I thought for a moment and then asked, "Cinnamon?"

She nodded. "I'm glad you picked up on it. I'll give you the recipe."

"It tastes like Christmas."

"Thank you." She took a sip of her coffee. "So, did you want to speak with me about the attack, the wedding, or both?"

"I keep forgetting that you can read minds." I chuckled. "Both."

Magenta nodded, her expression suddenly serious. "Well, that's going to have to be our next lesson. Teleportation."

I swallowed, my eyes growing wide. "Are you sure I'm ready for it?"

"I'm sure of it." Magenta shrugged. "After all, it's just a spell like any other." Then she held her hands up, her eyes wide as if what she was saying was of the utmost importance, which it was. "Now. When you want to teleport to a person or location, you say the word 'traiceret' and then the name of the person or location afterward. For instance. Traiceret kitchen!" Suddenly, gold and white sparkles encircled her, forming a mini tornado and engulfed her, causing her to disappear.

"Hello!" A moment later, she wiggled her fingers as she peered around the corner from the kitchen.

"Wow! That was amazing!" I glanced over, and she was completely unharmed, and every hair was still in place. "Is teleportation always that instantaneous?"

A broad smile spread across her face as she lifted one shoulder. "If it's close by, it's instantaneous. But if it's a great distance away, it'll take a few seconds. You see, we're traveling through the Space-Time Continuum. It's connected, not only all over the world, but to the whole Universe. So, be careful where you teleport to. You don't want to teleport into a wall or somewhere where there's no oxygen, like Mars."

"Seriously?" My eyes nearly bugged out of my head.

She nodded. "Yes, seriously."

"Now, let's stand in the kitchen and teleport to the living room." She held my hands and then added, "By the way, when you hold someone's hand, they will teleport with you. As I told you before, you can take up to four people with you, but I wouldn't chance taking more."

I nodded, holding her hands tightly.

"Ow!" She chuckled, shaking her hand out. "You don't have to hold on quite so tightly."

"Sorry." I smiled bashfully.

"No problem at all." She held out her hands. "Now, take my hands and hold them firmly as if you were shaking my hand." I did as she instructed, and she smiled. "Yes, much better! Now, say the word I told you and then Magenta's living room."

I smiled, unable to believe that I was going to be able to do this. "Traiceret Magenta's living room!"

All of a sudden, white, silver, and gold sparkles rushed in and surrounded us, and wind blew past as we traveled through the same transparent tunnel as before, stars and dark matter visible outside as we zoomed past. We came to an abrupt stop a moment later, and the wind was gone, and the sparkles dissipated. I looked around, and we were standing in Magenta's living room.

"Wow! That was amazing!"

Magenta smiled. "But make sure you speak clearly and precisely. Otherwise, you may end up in Timbuktu!" She laughed. "Okay. Now, teleport us to your living room."

I nodded as I laughed, wondering if Adan would still be there. "Traiceret, my living room!"

Suddenly, white and gold sparkles zoomed in, and we were moving without being moved past the stars and dark matter, then we came to an abrupt stop once again.

Adan had his hand on the door and screamed as he jumped. "What in the world? You just scared me half to death!"

Magenta and I burst out laughing.

"Yeah, you screamed like a little girl," I teased, unable to keep from laughing.

"No, I didn't." But a smile pulled at one corner of his lips. "I screamed like an Alpha."

Magenta and I glanced at each other, laughing so hard that tears came to our eyes.

"Sorry, Adan." I wiped a tear from under my eye. "We were just practicing teleporting." I motioned with my head toward the door. "Want a lift?"

He smiled as he stared at me, considering. "Sure." He locked my front door and crossed the room to us. Then he cautiously held out his hand. "So, what do I do?"

"We all hold hands in a circle. Then Brenna will say the spell." She gave me a devilish smile. "When you're ready."

I let out a deep breath. "Traiceret, Adan's office!"

The sparks rushed in as we zoomed through the transparent tunnel of the Space-Time Continuum, past the stars and dark matter, and came to a sudden stop. I looked around, and we were standing in the center of Adan's office.

"Wow!" Adan's eyes met mine. "You did that?"

I nodded.

"She's Gifted." Magenta shrugged proudly. "She'll be ready to teleport on the day of the attack."

Adan nodded, a crease between his eyes.

"Brenna, I want you to practice that spell every day until we go, along with some other spells I'll give you. But this one will be the most important." Magenta's expression was suddenly serious. "As I said, just make sure you always speak clearly and precisely, and you'll be just fine."

"Thank you."

Magenta nodded. "And as for the other matter, I'll be glad to perform the ceremony for you whenever you're ready." She shrugged. "In fact, I could marry you both right now, if you like."

"No, not yet." Adan was a bit too quick to reply. But as if sensing my unease, his eyes met mine, and a smile appeared on his lips. "I want to do it right. I want to give you a big ceremony with a gown and bridesmaids—"

"That's not what's important," I cut him off. "The most important thing is that we'll be married."

"Yes, but I want to do it right." He looked over at Magenta. "Could you marry us when we get back from the attack?"

She nodded. "Just make sure you have plenty of time before the Blood Moon. Otherwise, you'll be risking too much."

***

A/N: So, what do you think will happen next? Leave a comment and let me know. :-)