Chapter 71: Not a Morning Person

Adan

"I guess it's time to go." I rose to my feet, hating to have to leave Brenna, even for one night. I was becoming so used to being with her that I was now finding it hard to be away from her.

"Stay," she whispered, looking into my eyes.

"Are you sure?" Although I would move in with her tomorrow, I didn't want to take that step if she wasn't ready yet.

"Absolutely." She bit her upper lip as she knelt on the soft in front of me. "Stay forever."

I smiled as I ran my fingers lightly over her cheek, looking deeply into her eyes. "I'd love to." In one fluid motion, I scooped her into my arms, carried her into her bedroom, and set her on the bed. "Why don't you get ready while I turn off the lights in both suites and make sure everything's locked up?"

Brenna nodded as a sexy smile curled her lips. I walked out and headed into my suite first, turning off all the lights as I went, and making sure everything was secure. Then I closed the adjoining door and did the same in her suite.

Once everything was turned off, I felt like a schoolboy as I walked toward her bedroom. When I walked in, she was lying in bed, the blankets covering her breasts... and I knew she was wearing nothing underneath. She looked gorgeous, with her long dark brown hair falling in waves over her shoulders and the pillow.

Remember, you're not claiming her yet, I reminded myself as my wolf panted in anticipation, wanting to claim her now. We're just making love to her. My wolf growled mentally as I laughed. Yeah, buddy, but we've waited this long to claim her. We can wait a little longer.

Without a word, she pulled back the blankets and turned off the light on her bedside table and patted my side of the bed.

I stripped off my T-shirt and let it fall to the floor, along with my pants and boxers, then slid under the blankets with her, and extended my arm to her. "Come here."

She slid close and molded her nude body to mine as she rubbed her hands across my chest, fitting perfectly in the crook of my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her to me. Brenna fit so perfectly in my arms that it was almost as if we had been made for each other.

"You know, I was just thinking of something."

"Oh?" she asked. "What's that?"

"Just like on 'Somewhere in Time,' I'm amazed that we found each other across time, just like they did." I let out a deep breath, wanting to word it correctly. "Sure, we didn't time travel to each other, but in a way, we did. I stayed alive long enough to meet you. Then I recognized you as my Mate as soon as I saw you. It's amazing how the Moon Goddess works. She had picked you out to be my Mate... even before you were born."

"Yes, it is." She rose up, the blankets sliding down, exposing her perfect breasts as she looked into my eyes. "But whether or not the Moon Goddess chose you for me, I firmly believe that you're my Soul Mate, Adan. It just took a few centuries for us to find one another."

I nodded, pushing her hair back as I looked into her beautiful blue eyes. "Brenna, would you have waited for me as I waited for you?"

A smile lit her lips. "What do you think? Of course, I would have. But I'm glad you waited for me. I don't know what I would have done if you had been married to someone else when we met. I'm not a homewrecker."

I gently kissed her lips and whispered, "That's why I waited for you. I love you, Brenna. I always have, and I always will."

"I've always loved you, too." Her lips descended upon mine, and passion overtook us both. I rubbed my hands up and down her back, enjoying the feel of her in my arms. Then she slid on top of me, and I sat up, pulling her to me on my lap.