3

you woke up to over 2 missed calls from Amber, 20 texts from Mindy, 10 from Liv. 30 texts from Wes and a missed call from Chad. You decided to text Wes back first as he had sent more messages.

"Tara's been murdered."

Is the text that caught your eye. Murdered? She was alive and well yesterday, trying to get in your pants, but still. You thought they were playing a prank on you. There's no way Tara's been murdered.

"stop joking wes."

Wes texts back almost immediately.

"Amber's on her way to pick you up."

You then hear your front door open. Amber doesn't care to knock, your parents are at work and school was canceled. Was it because of Tara? Amber comes upstairs frantically. "There you are baby..." Amber sighs and brings you to a warm hug.

"Where else would I be?"

"Well everyone was worried...you did hear right?" Amber's voice was quiet and low. She looked upset, her face did. Her eyes didn't have a hint of sadness nor any emotion other than love for you.

"What do you mean..?"

"Tara's been murdered. Her mom found her body upstairs apparently, called the police. The police pulled us in for questioning, not you though. I told them you had went home. I knew you were probably sleeping too." Amber scanned my face as if she was trying to read any emotion on it. I felt nothing other then shock.

"That can't be true...She was fine yesterday." You feel panicked, why would anyone murder Tara. Tara for the most part was a sweet girl and you couldn't possibly think anyone hated her enough to kill her...Amber? That was crazy talk Amber would never do that. She's your sweet, loving, protective girlfriend. The love of your life.

"Yeah yesterday. Cmon Mindy wants us all at her house to mourn or something." Amber takes your hand and leads you to her car opening the door for you, then getting in and driving to Mindys. The drive to Mindys was short but silent, as if Amber wasn't telling you something. You didn't wanna budge though, she just lost her bestfriend she's upset about it is all.

When Amber and you get to Mindy's you see everyone inside already, no Sam. Sam was long gone, cut everybody off and left Woodsboro. Could be half way across the world for all you know. Tara's mother wasn't there obviously, you wouldn't want to be with a bunch of teenagers either after losing your daughter. "Hey Y/n..." Mindy sniffles and brought you into a tight hug, Amber looking at you and her weirdly but walking to go sit down in a chair.

"I'm so sorry Mindy...I know all of you guys were close with her, she was a sweet girl."

Everyone gives you sad smiles, except Amber. She stares at Mindys hand which is lingering on your arm, you walk over to Amber and stand by her chair. She didn't want that though, she grabbed your waist and pulled you onto her lap. Not really the right time but you didn't want to cause a fight with her. "So is Ghostface back?" Wes asks a bit uneasy, he fidgets with the watch on his wrist.

"The police think so." Chad says rubbing Liv's back as she silently weeped on the couch. "After what...a decade? shows up and targets Tara." Chad adds on his voice with a hint of frustration.

"Tara was so nice...She didn't deserve this. God what about Sam finding out?" Mindy and Chad seem to be the only two really having a conversation. Everyone else was silent.

"Doubt it. Hasn't tried to contact Tara in years." Wes adds his hands still playing with the watch. Everyone goes quiet now, You look behind you at Amber and she sits there as if she's annoyed. Like she wants to leave.

"I think we should all stick together, school this week is canceled. Tara's funeral is on Wednesday...How about we all come back here tomorrow, smoke some weed and watch Tara's favorite movie." Mindy is desperately trying to lighten the mood, kinda hard to do when their friend just got murdered. Everyone agrees, Liv stays with Chad and Mindy though but you and Amber, and Wes all leave.