☢️

after spotting the other three trial members surrounding another generator inside the school, you devised that you would approach them and ask them to exchange your toolbox for one of their medkits. you recognized carlos's crazy black waves and his bright eye-smile as he got off the gen, whereas jill and chris stuck to their repairs right next to you.

of course, you were stuck with an all 'resident evil' party.

"hello, little ladybug!" carlos grinned playfully, accepting you with wide open arms. as you soon reached him, he fixed your own, similarly-wild hair down and utilized his other hand to settle onto your waist soothingly.

when pressed about the killer's whoabouts and whereabouts - like you had hypothesized they would do - you gulped nervously, nevertheless simply explained to them the (half) truth: that it was the nemesis, and that you out-kited him. each of them expressed their shock at the specific name, having never faced them yet after their own encounters years beforehand... well, except for chris.

they all laughed at this, finding it a fascination that you were able to do so without any help, as well as humorous, thinking about the image of a completely lost nemesis on the opposite side of the map.

"i have a plan." you slowly confessed, chewing on the inside of your cheek as they brought their heads to look up at you. "i'm going to distract him for as long as possible while you guys continue with the generators."

at this, they bore the same expression: widened eyes and mouth agape. shock, they were shocked.

you went frigid, staring back at them. after a few minutes of nothing besides the sparks that flew out of the malfunctioning electric machine and the tinkering of their tools, jill broke the silence.

"are you crazy?!" the short-haired brunette chastized, shooting frequent-heated glares your way from her work. she was clearly enraged by the audacity you held, scowling as she remembered her own time spent with the occult being. chris was skeptical by your sudden proposal of heroism, whilst carlos looked horrified. "you're actively going to insert yourself between death and that nightmare creature!?"

you nodded, carlos's hand falling weakly from atop your head and around your body as he took a step back. "do you know what that thing put us through?" he questioned genuinely, his brownish-black eyes secretly pleading you not to.

"look-!" you opened your mouth to continue but were cut off by your she-teammate.

"-then why would you suggest doing something so stupid?!" jill exasperated, her and chris standing to their feet once they popped their second generator.

"i know! listen to me!" you step up, hastily grabbing onto jill's forearms in order to garner her full attention. you stare deep into her sky blue eyes, and she reciprocates the gesture just as sincerely as you do. "we all want to get out of this alive, especially after that last trial...

"don't remind me." chris mumbles, rolling his hazelly-blue/green/brown eyes, accidentally cutting you off.

this pulls a giggle out of you, tearing your eyes off jill's for a second, and removing one hand from her arm to pat chris on the back. then, you return back to her. "...but we can't if we keep doing the same thing over and over again. if you give me your medkit, you won't need to worry about me too much. and if you guys run into trouble, you have each other to look out for."

"is the miss tryna tame it?" carlos jokes, walking over to chris to elbow him in jest.

"u-um, no?" you sweat at the disturbing thought, pulling at the collar of your shirt to rid yourself of the uncomfortable feeling. you knew the overgrown man was kidding, but from the little quip, it seemed like he was reading your mind...  maybe not "tame" though, moreso like you were trying to 'gain his trust'.