"I've yearned to meet my parents ever since their souls left Earth," Charlotte heaved a huge hopeful sigh, "and now, I'm presented with a golden opportunity far more precious than any treasure."

"But you should know that if you continue, there is no return..." Aslan warned the two orphans. "Choose carefully between these worlds, dear ones."

Charlotte's smile dropped at his revelation, void of exuberance at her false hopes. She had finally arrived at the sacred destination — merely a single barrier apart from her beloved family — only to learn that her journey on Earth would cease in her own hands if she were to continue down such a path. She then retracted her footsteps, making a defeated turnaround.

Caspian, on the other hand, treaded slowly past her, considering Aslan's insights. Charlotte was distraught at watching him making a conscious decision to leave the world of Narnia behind him. "Caspian..."

He paused, as his fingers lightly grazed the flows of the upward streams, questioning his decisions. Gradually, Caspian retreated his fingers, his mind filled with clarity on the consequences. With steps at a turtle's pace, he returned to his friends with reddened crestfallen eyes.

"You're not going?" Edmund prompted, ensuring that his friend would not live without regrets.

"I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for," Caspian reasoned rationally, "I spent too long wanting what was taken from me, and not what was given. I was given a kingdom, a people."

"My parents left our world for a noble cause, so that I could experience my own adventure..." Charlotte chimed in, retreating towards them. "It'd be foolish to end it this quickly."

Edmund's features brightened at their decisions, contented and relieved. Caspian then turned to Aslan with a newfound resolution. "I promise to be a better king."

"You already are, for you have chosen to fulfill your responsibilities," Aslan assured him, turning to the rest of them. "Children..."

"I think perhaps it's time we went home actually, Lu." Edmund suggested, fleetingly glancing Charlotte's way. "That's if... You're all ready to go."

Lucy turned to him, stunned by his suggestion. "But I thought you loved it here..."

"I do, but I love home, and our family as well," he reminded her, "they need us. Charlotte and I have been discussing this for a while, and..."

"And he's right," Charlotte agreed, stretching her palm towards his, "at the end of the day, Earth is where our real adventures await us."

Edmund turned to her, taken aback by her shift in opinion. "You're certain? I thought..."

"It's okay," Charlotte softly squeezed his hand, and gave a subtle nod, indicating her readiness to let go. Finally, she acknowledged that she had been holding on to Narnia, her parents, and their memories, far too deeply that it had led her astray, hindering from progressing forward.

Lucy pondered over their words. "Suppose you've got a point there, Char."

Then, Reepicheep cleared his throat, scurrying forward before the great Aslan. "Your eminence, ever since I can remember, I have dreamt of seeing your country. I've had many great adventures in this world, but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy, but with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes."