He can ground me for as long as he likes. This is the only way Faram's going to keep their trust on me.

But you're also enjoying yourself, aren't you?

It's soccer. Of course I am.

What a bully.

Yeah, yeah. Now, get out of my head!

The only thing she found annoying about this situation is that he can't make any faces for her to laugh at, but she'll settle for the jokingly-angry tone he had in his head.

The next round began with Tenma and Matatagi's kickoff once again, but the latter was quickly blocked by the Baran Brothers. Ryugel passed to Rodan, who immediately went for the goal with Kazanrai.

Ibuki crouched down, his right fist glowing in a bright blue aura (the color almost making her think it was a new way to use a Soul). He then jumped high, the aura swirling into a dragon-shaped tornado.

"Gekirin Dunk!"

Slamming his hand down, the volcanic energy in the ball was suppressed as the dragon practically ate it.

"You did it, Ibuki! Amazing! You're amazing!" Shinsuke cheered.

He seemed proud of himself, as he should, but the expression dropped when he saw most of the people he could pass to were being blocked. Then, he smirked and began dribbling.

In the basketball way.

"Ibuki! Not again!"

"No, let him."

To Tetsukado's surprise, Shindou was the one backing him up. "What?!"

The keeper's eyes remained focused as he continued to dribble on the spot.

"Is that guy joking around?" Gandales asked, his posture easing.

Shindou took the chance to run, and Ibuki grit his teeth and jumped, throwing the ball with all his might. Shindou deflected the ball to Matatagi, who used Parkour Attack, scoring before the other keeper could react.

"Got it in!"

"Matatagi!"

"You did it!"

"Nice shoot!"

"Earth Eleven brings the score to a tie! The game is back on even ground, baby!"

It was Faram Dite's turn to do the kickoff. Almost immediately, Tenma caught up to block Tsurugi, and he nearly succeeded, but the striker was able to slide the moment the ball was taken from him to get it back.

He passed it to Ryugel, who tried to pass it to Gandales, but Tetsukado headbutted it to Sakura, who kicked it far up the field for Tenma to catch up to. Just as he jumped, so did Tsurugi, which led to him taking back the ball. Manabe and Minaho teamed up against him, but he was able to react fast enough to jump before they got to him and kicked another power shot. This time, Ibuki caught it.

"They stopped him!"

"The defense made sure to block his course!"

Close call!

What did I say about going in my head when the match is still on-going?

I'm not sorry.

She could see him clicking his tongue before chasing after the ball again, his focus back on the brunette that had it.

While still connected to his thoughts, she could see the flicker of memories from his first day of school playing in his head.

It was that day when our fates began to run together.