CHAPTER #019. MISJUDGEMENT TIME!

Start from the beginning

Miho cautiously shook her head. "You told me not to. Is something wrong–"

"Stay here. Be ready to call the police." Hajime pulled out his pellet gun, the one specifically used for Korosensei and their assassination. Miho went silent in surprise, her own mahogany colored eyes widening at the sight of the handgun. Hajime turned and raised an eyebrow at her. Miho met his serious gaze and reluctantly nodded, stepping back down the steps and clutching at her cellphone.

At her acknowledgement, Hajime slowly pushed open the door and stepped inside. The residence was silent, not a breath of another living being inside it. Hajime crept through the kitchen and living room, carefully scanning all the corners and opening any doors that one could possibly hide in. His finger laid on the trigger of the gun, breathing controlled and nearly unheard as he stared up the staircase. The brown haired male went up the steps, peering at the hallway on the second floor. Hajime stood at the top of the stairs, inhaling and raising the handgun in preparation. He quickly went through the doors, starting with his sister's bedroom. A quick, yet thorough glance showed that nothing was misplaced. The same went with his parents' bedroom and the bathroom.

Hajime stopped at the door positioned on the opposite end of the hallway from the stairs, breath caught in his throat as he reached for the knob with his free hand. If they somehow managed to open it then Hajime was in big, serious trouble this time. He swallowed over the lump of anxiousness in his throat, clamping his hand on the knob and twisting. It remained taut under his hold, locked.

His shoulders loosened in relief, Hajime letting out a quiet sigh of relief.

Thank goodness for small victories.

The brown haired male continued his search amongst the second floor and found the only displacement to be in his bedroom. There was no intruder present for Hajime to turn trigger-happy, which was only mildly disappointing. Instead, there was a series of photographs scattered along the floor of his bedroom. Hajime scowled at the sight of the familiar contents. It would be a bitch to clean up and explain, but luckily nothing else happened. He could think up a hundred things as an alternative that would easily turn his current circumstances into a worst case scenario. This was considerably tame in comparison.

He crouched down and picked up one of the photographs, staring at the image in consideration. It was the same ones he saw from the Chairman's office. Hajime crumpled the image and tossed it aside, standing and sighing loudly. "I can never catch a break." He muttered to himself, scanning his bedroom. There didn't seem to be anything else.

Placing his handgun down on his desk, Hajime began to gather all the photographs on the ground. Leave it up to the intruder to make a mess of his bedroom for him to clean up. Honestly, Hajime shook his head in annoyance. After gathering all of the evidence, (which he probably shouldn't be touching with his bare hands, but Hajime would rather die than go to the police for something like this) the fifteen year old placed them on his desk in a neat pile and brushed back his hair.

Ignoring the near visible tremble of his limbs as he ran a hand through his light brown locks, Hajime bit violently down on his lower lip. The sharp burst of iron on his tongue only proved that he was no longer capable of brushing aside these instances in hopes that it would end on its own.

It was official at this point, much to his displeasure; Takano Hajime undeniably had a stalker.

The brown haired male pulled open the front door and belatedly winced at the sight of the wide, doe-eyed stare his younger sister was donning. He ran his tongue over the cut on his lip and inwardly cursed himself, running through his mind for a suitable explanation for the wound as well as his initial reaction. Miho stepped inside, cautiously scanning the interior of their home as if someone was waiting behind the corner to jump at them. It wasn't an unreasonable reaction, considering what Hajime had just done.