CHAPTER #006. TIME TO CHOOSE!

L
unch time rolled around soon enough after a few periods of the class watching Akabane's failed assassination attempts. Morning classes had been somewhat of a drag since Hajime was sitting right next to the instigator, but if he focused hard enough on the lesson he could pretend that the red head didn't exist. Korosensei also managed to deal with the attempts on his life as discreetly and nonchalantly as possible, making sure that the class lectures continued without much disturbance. Mathematics and Home Economics were classes with some of the more entertaining attempts made, since Korosensei appeared to have found an harmless method to retaliate; grooming his student with nail care and cute attire.

The brown haired student sat on the chair that belonged to the person sitting in front of Chiba, facing the male with a charming smile. It was finally time to reveal his long-awaited meal. Hajime spread his bento out across half the desk space, leaving the other side clear for Chiba's own meal. Chiba nervously looked at the elaborate utensils and boxes being laid out on his desk as he raised his melon pan bread to his mouth. The black haired student didn't eat much during lunch as he preferred having a heavier dinner at home. The same could not be said for his current lunch mate.

Hajime pressed his palms together as he gazed down at his meal in anticipation. The student licked his lips as metaphoric stars glittered from his mahogany colored eyes. "Itadakimasu!" He softly exclaimed.

As Hajime enthusiastically dug into his food, an appreciative moan escaping him at the first bite of some homemade tonkatsu, he gathered the attention of a few students still left in the classroom. There was nothing like his mother's dishes in the world and Hajime took the chance to let that be known whenever he could. From the front of the classroom, Okano curiously peered over. She sweat-dropped at the sight of her brown haired classmate eating well, then glanced at his meal.

"Ne, Takano-san," Okano called out, catching the attention of her friends as well. "Isn't your meal a bit. . . extravagant today?" Yada Touka and Kurahashi Hinano noticed the same and left their own pushed together desks to venture where the two boys were seated.

Laid out on the table were three stackable bento containers. The first had an assortment of cut fruits such as sliced apples, oranges, and bananas. The second was filled with rice, a small salad, and steamed vegetables. The third contained the main dishes such as tamagoyaki and tonkatsu. The dishes were all visually appealing to the eyes as if a professional chef had cooked them. It appeared similar to the food seen in magazines and cooking shows. Hajime glanced toward the girls with the tips of the chopsticks in his mouth. He set down his utensils and chewed slowly with his mouth closed, cheeks bulging out like a hamster. The girls inwardly withheld their reactions to the cute sight as he pulled out his wallet. Chiba and the trio watched with interest as the brown haired male ruffled through the item in search of something.

Hajime swallowed his food and smiled. "That's because Oka-san made it." He explained and held up a photograph so his classmates could see. "Look here." In the photograph, there was a man and woman. It showed a beautiful woman with black hair and an elegant smile, dressed in a timeless fitted gown. There was a beauty mark dotted at the corner of her left eye which gave the woman a mature aura. She had delicate features such as a small button nose and droopy eyes, along with pink glossy lips that looked dewy in the picture. The girls noted that the woman also had familiar mahogany colored eyes. She was leaning against a man, but Hajime was covering the man's face with the way he held the picture.

"She's pretty." Kurahashi complimented. Yada and Okano shared similar sentiments as they leaned in close, towering over the desk of the introverted male who looked leaned back slightly. Hajime noticed and angled his hand so Chiba could see better, then mouthed an apology to the black haired male. Chiba shook his head in response. The male wasn't discomforted, given that the center of attention wasn't on him. He was also interested in the topic of conversation they were having.