The Winning Edge

Magsimula sa umpisa

After a brief fight, however, Batman and Batwoman manage to beat the coach and escapes.

"Strike three! You're out!" Batwoman made a joke. "Sadly, this isn't baseball. So, now what do we do?"

"(Beats us.)" Gwen answers.

Later, Terry finally makes it home and Matt mockingly proclaims him to be in trouble. Mary walks in and confronts Terry about his tardiness. Terry claims that he was running errands for Mr. Wayne, but she doesn't buy it. She already knows that he's been caught sleeping in class and wants to see the note from his teacher. Before Terry can reach for it, Matt runs to get it, and as Terry tries to stop him, he drops his backpack, and the packet of slappers falls out. Mary believes that he's been using them, and grounds him until further notice after Terry tries to explain what happened, much to Terry's dismay. Restricted to work, Terry goes to Bruce and Gwen and gives Bruce a slapper that he managed to keep.

"She grounded you, Terry? I'm sorry to hear that. And I know you would never take these things." Gwen felt bad.

"A good thing you kept them on you." Bruce added.

Megan speaks from Bruce's Bat-Computer to find something from the slappers to scan them from hers.

"Okay, lets see what I can get at. Just give me minute, boys and girl."

Taking a bit, how will this get Terry out of this mess?

"Any advice on how to get out of this mess?"

"Arch-criminals I can handle. Mothers are something else." he said. Bruce then analyzes it and finds that it contains Venom.

"Venom?" confused Gwen.

"(What's that? And don't tell it from a snake's venom to drink it like apple juice. Because that'll be sick!)" said inner Gwen.

For Megan tells the others on what it was.

"Venom was a potently addictive strength-enhancing super-steroid. According to JSA Classified #17 (November 2006), Venom was based on the Miraclo Formula that was developed at Bannerman Pharmaceuticals, the drug company that was formerly owned by Rex Tyler, the original Hourman. This stuff is deadly to make you twice as strong, with very bad side effects to it. Bruce, we both know who this belongs to, right?"

"One person indeed, Megan." Bruce puts up an image on the computer next to show it to Terry and Gwen. "Bane."

"Bane?" Gwen was scared. "He looks scary."

"And a very bad person to mess with." Megan added.

The only person who has the formula is Megan and Bruce's old enemy Bane, who now lives on a remote island estate.

"I've heard about him." said Terry.

"And you two are going meet him as well." Bruce added. "Megan has located Bane on where he might be right now."

Thanks to Megan's quick thinking and Bruce to guide the other two, for Terry/Batman and Gwen/Batwoman to use the Batwing to make their way to the island.

"And you sure he'll be here or what?" Batwoman asked.

"(I feel something like Uncle Bruce said...Something about Bane is both deadly and weak, but that's all.)" Gwen felt something. "(I'm not so sure why...But he's there.)"

Gwen Grayson might be on to something.

"And you two betters be on your guards." Bruce said.

For Terry/Batman didn't think if Bane was still himself to be all muscle-like many years later today to not know of his appearance just yet.