Chapter 1-Giane meets Gian

Love and Misunderstandings

Chapter 1-Giane meets Gian

It was a warm morning when Giane Harrison's plane landed in Hawaii. She doesn't know whether she was excited for her best friend's wedding or for her short stay in Hawaii. Either way, she knew she would have a good time.

"Excuse me," she sang excitedly as she weaved her way towards the conveyor belt. She then spotted her pink travel bag making her ran towards it mumbling sorry to every person she would bump into. "My bag! Excuse me!"

She almost had to wait for the conveyor belt to bring her bag back if not for a guy who grabbed it for her.

"Here." The guy with a tall stature and black hair said as he handed her the bag.

"Thank you," Giane thanked as she grinned at him. "You just saved my life."

Instead of responding, the guy just nodded and gave her a small smile showcasing his two deep dimples. Either he was just too shy to be friendly at her or he was being weirded out by her too friendly vibes.

"Bye!" She waved at him enthusiastically before walking towards the women's room. After all, she had been holding herself when the plane announced for their landing.

It wasn't Giane's first time in Hawaii. Being the only daughter of the CEO of Harrison Holdings has its benefits. However, being the manager of its planning department kept her too busy to enjoy those days that was spent in Hawaii. She was inspecting the site for their project back then.

She was thankful she was allowed to take a short leave from work. If not, she would be absent without a leave for a few days. Her best friend's wedding is much more important than that minor project that would only give her a few dollars and a two week long sleepless nights.

After relieving herself, she immediately went out of the airport and looked for the tour guide from the hotel. Arianne, her best friend was the one who booked for her flight and reserved for her hotel room. She insisted on doing it so they would be staying on the same hotel.

Looking at all the cardboards that were raised, she wasn't able to spot her name. However, the closest one to her name was a placard with a huge "Gian Harrison" written on it.

Oh boy, she thought to herself. With an e! E! Is it really that hard to spell?

She then sighed and pulled her handbag closer to her as she clutched at her travel bag tightly before approaching the man.

"Excuse me," a voice behind her said before she could even say a word to the man holding the placard. She then turned towards his direction and saw it was the guy who picked her bag earlier. "Did you mean Gian Harries?"

She then looked confusedly at the man holding the placard. He quickly looked at his placard and flipped it revealing a "Giane Harries" written on it.

"That's Giane Harrison, mister. Not Giane Harris." She told before sighing.

"No, that's Gian Harries without an 'e' on my first name," the guy whose name was Gian told the other man. "I believe that's Gian Harries and that's me."

"And I'm Giane. Giane Harrison."Giane introduced herself, trying not to raise her hand up in the air.

"Yes, yes," The driver who looked obviously Asian nodded enthusiastically as he showed them the placard proudly. "Gian Harrison and Giane Harries."

"Ugh, whatever," Giane groaned realizing that the man would insist that he got their names right. "So, uhh, can we go now?"

"With pleasure, ma'am! This way, ma'am."  The man nodded plastering a smile as Gian sighed heavily.