Polar Opposites

Meta prayed that whatever Baba had to say would go fast. Even though she was momentarily reassured that Athena hadn't caught on yet, she would eventually, especially with Baba calling her out all the time.

The penthouse elevator was absurdly slow today, and Meta nibbled on her lip impatiently, tapping her foot in rhythm with is as well.

If you must know, Meta hadn't had the courage to report her situation to the bidders, and hadn't said a word of it.. Yet.

The elevator finally dinged in reply to her prayers and Meta eagerly waited for the doors to open. As they slid open, she strode out quickly to the lounge.

The Lounge, was, in fact, a lounge. But with blue, extra comfortable sofas, a spiral staircase that looked too glass like and shiny to be real, and a chandelier that didn't just seem expensive, (it was) the lounge was high class. Today, Meta didn't care.

"What is it this time, Baba?" Meta said briskly, walking over to the 4 men playing cards.

Baba set down an ace of hearts and looked up at her amusedly. "Impatient today, aren't we?"

Soryu regarded his hand with a huff, and then said gruffly, "I'm bowing out. Something came up with one of my men."

Meta and Baba both ignored him as he walked out, tapping the screen of his iphone rapidly.

"I never knew you had a sister, Meta," Ota commented casually, setting down his cards and grinning. "Royal Flush."

Meta froze. "O-Oh, you mean Athena? She came to Japan from America to see how I was doing.."

Eisuke muttered softly under his breath at Ota, and then leaned back in his chair, cool brown eyes fixed on the fidgeting young woman. "Athena, hmm? Goddess of war and wisdom."

"H-Heh, funny how Athena still has a obsession of greek mythology even now." Meta tried to make small talk and started to guide the conversation away from her sister, fingers pulling at her hair.

Eisuke narrowed his eyes, and then said in a languid tone, "She's a very good fighter, too."

Baba reached for a remote that happened to be there and clicked a button.

The huge flat screen TV lit up with an video cam inside an elevator.

Athena walked into the elevator, brown hair and brown eyes all too familiar for Meta, who was trying to avoid the subject of her sister all together. As the elevator doors dinged shut, Meta noticed a suspicious man in a black suit approaching Athena with outstretched arms.

In horror, Meta watched as hands circled around her throat and started choking Athena, brown eyes narrowed in pain. Then with a smirk, she brought her arms up, and then dug her elbows into the attacker's stomach!

The suspicious guy doubled over, blood dribbling out of his mouth at the impact of the hit.

Taking the opportunity, Athena quickly stopped at the next floor, and then exited the elevator with a nonchalant expression on her face, unperturbed.

Meta almost burst out laughing. It was so.. so.. So Athena that she couldn't help it. Anyone who didn't know Athena very well wouldn't have even been able to spot the apologetic glance that she had sent towards the man. Though she was strong, and used her self defense if need be, she hated actually having to hurt people, and apologized frequently after hurting someone accidentally because of her crazy strength she had developed over the years.

Baba looked like he wanted to laugh too, though Eisuke was frowning and Ota had a slight 'O' of surprise on his face.

"Let me guess- Was that one of Sor's men?" Baba said, turning away from the company with a smile etched into his face.