The Innocent Mistake - 11

Comenzar desde el principio

"Did I scare you when I yelled?" she asked her baby in the womb.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, caressing her bump. She wanted to apologize for yelling, but she couldn't bring herself to apologize to him. Instead, she directed her apology to her baby.

Turning on the television, she stared at the screen while flipping through the channels. Her hands froze when she landed on a particular channel.

Flashback:

"Hey Sana, what are you watching?" twelve-year-old Sidharth asked as he entered Sana's living room.

"Doraemon," Sana replied lazily, lying on the two-seater couch with her legs resting on its armrest. He pushed off her legs and took a seat beside her, earning a glare from her.

"What?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"There are two other couches over there where you can park your behind. Why do you want to sit here when I was already comfortably seated?" Sana asked, annoyed.

"Seated? Correction, you were lazily sprawled across that two-seater couch," he teased his dear friend.

"Whatever, it's my house. I can sleep, sit, dance, or even hang upside down on the couch. What's your problem?" she asked, irritated.

"My problem is that I want to sit here," Sidharth answered.

"Why here?" she whined.

"Just because... I like it here," he shrugged.

"You... you... dog!" she scolded, trying to push him off the couch with all her might. Though they were the same age, he had more strength, making it difficult for her to even budge him slightly.

"Ruff ruff... bow-wow," he teased her with a smirk, annoying her even more.

"Arghh!" she grumpily got up and slouched on the other couch, while Sidharth reclined in the same position she had before his arrival, further irritating her.

Sidharth glanced at the screen for a few seconds before looking at her face and then at the remote control in her hand. Sana yawned but continued watching the screen, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Sana, get me some water," Sidharth ordered.

"Huh? I know what you're doing. You want me to leave so you can change the channel," Sana smirked.

"Are you a little kid watching this?" he asked.

"Are you my dad asking me that?" she shot back.

"I'm not, but I can complain to him," he smirked.

"What if I do the same? Complain to Shashank bhaiyya that you come here to watch those stupid Formula One races," she said, wiping the smirk off his face.

She hoped he would retaliate, but the mention of Shashank silenced him.

"Go ahead, complain. He might send me to boarding school, and then you can enjoy your Doraemon alone," he threatened, attempting to get up. But she quickly grabbed his arm.

"Sorry... Siddhuuu... Sorry," she apologized, pouting.

"Why do you always have to annoy me?" he asked.

"Because I like to annoy you. After all, you're my only best friend," she cried.

"Yet you want to send me away," he said, frowning.

"Never. You're not going anywhere," she said firmly.

"I can't watch Doraemon, unlike you, I'm not a kid anymore," he grunted.