ℝ𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤(𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣 𝕡𝕥.1)

"DAD," I called out from my bedroom

A second later he came through the door eating a bowl of cereal. He sat down at my desk and just glared at me. We stared at each for a minute in complete silence.

He slowly began annoying me so I decided to speak, "Can you and uncle Aiyden help me move my stuff next week?"

He ate another bite of his cereal before speaking. "You moving in with Kairo too?" A hint of sadness was present in his voice.

"Only to help with the baby though. I'll be back home on weekends."

"That's only two days Zah. Me and your papas going to miss you too much." He replied

"Pa, are you going to help or not?"

"Ok," he said in defeat, "but get up and get dressed."

"Where are we going?" I asked as he made his way out of the room

"Your hanging with your old man today." He yelled from down the hall

I rolled my eyes as I threw my comforter off me and placed my feet in the floor.

I looked around my room for a minute as tradition before I made my way over to my closet and found a simple fit to wear.

I took a "quick" shower, did the hygiene essentials, and got dressed. I tied my hair down using my durag and met my dad at the car.

"You take longer than woman." He said as he cut the car on.

I sat in silence cause I thought I was quick. He looked at me and laughed before pulling out of the driveway. 

We didn't really speak until we finally exited the neighborhood and onto the main roads. We talked about a little bit of everything just to pass time as we drove.

"So what's going on between you and that Amor girl?" He asked completely catching me off guard.

"Um, she's cool. We hung out a few times but you know I'm still with Jordan dad."

"I forgot about him." He said with a smirk

I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. Jordan and my dad has this love hate relationship, and it's always been funny to me.

We continued to talk for the remainder of the car ride until we pulled into the parking lot of my dads studio. I glanced over at him because he knew just how much I hated this place.

"I'm only picking up a copy of my new record."
He said as he put the car in park and turned it off.

We got out and entered the building. Once we got to one of the recording rooms, we were greeted by one of my dads producers named Malik. It's spelled like Malik but pronounced as Mal-lick. Idk I hate him just as much as his stupid ass name.
He shook my dads hand and held his hand out for me to shake. I looked at him, turned my lips, and scooted past him.

My dad laughed as they started whatever the hell they were supposed to be doing.

I took out my phone, which I had completely forgotten about, and noticed I had a few missed calls from Jordan. I called him back and we had a brief conversation.
I slipped my phone back into my pocket and continued to sit quietly. Well that was before Malik decided to disobey God and speak to me.

"You still messing around with that lil gay boy?" He said without breaking his attention from whatever he was doing.

" And your still lacking decent knowledge after all these years" I replied with a straight face.

My dad looked up without saying anything cause he knew the next few words released from me were not going to be nice.

"I have enough knowledge to know that your lifestyle will get you in hell." He replied causing me to sit a little bit so I could read him with elegance and class.

"If you had any knowledge you would know that nowhere in the Bible does it say my lifestyle will land me in hell. Try studying the Bible for yourself and not just listening to to pastors who have the same ignorant bias as you. Secondly, you do know that my dad is living the same lifestyle as me right? But you don't try that shit with him cause you know you'd be unemployed with a quickness. Thirdly, the only reason I haven't whooped yo old ass yet is simply due to the fact that I have a higher level of respect when it comes to my elders. But please don't have the gracious lord direct me to dog walk you across this studio."

An uncomfortable tension fell over the room before my dad spoke up.

"Well that's enough studio time for today." He said in an unserious tone.

He grabbed the CD that he came to get and led me out of the studio and to the car. We got in and once he crank the car up a wide smile spread across his face.
"I've waited for the day somebody put him in his place."

"I ain't mean to disrespect your space like that though. He's just irritated me since I was a kid."

"He's irritated me since I first met him. I just use him cause he has a good ear musically. But you need to say stuff in a nicer way." He replied as we started driving again.

"I'm sorry, but how do you say something mean "nicely"." I asked sarcastically

We laughed at that for a bit and headed on to our next destination.