𝕀𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣

"Mane is you gone look in the camera?"Derrick said through the phone

I put the phone up to my face in a dramatic manner causing him to erupt into laughter.

"When are you going to get here?" I asked

He was supposed to come and pick me up so that I could stay at his house for the next couple of days. Our school had a bad influenza outbreak and they closed it for the next two weeks.

"Pack your stuff and I'll be there in the next hour or so." He said before hanging up the FaceTime.

I got up, packed a suitcase, and went to bother Paris and Omari until Derrick arrived. Omari has been staying over for the last two nights. I think his house got robbed or something so my parents let him move in until he finds something.

I walked in Paris's room and was hit with the intense smell of weed. Omari was sitting by the open window smoking, while Paris played her X-box. When she noticed me, she quickly rushed and closed the door.

"Is pops down stairs?" she asked with a panicked look on her face

"No. Him and papa left like 20 minutes ago, cause they had a date." I replied. Which seemed to calm her nerves. "Well next time close the door behind you." She said as she returned to her game.

"I just walked in," I replied, "but maybe make him smoke outside."

"Or maybe you can stay in a fifteen year olds place." She replied with an attitude

"Or maybe because it's common sense. A two year old could figure that out." I replied before taking a seat on her bed

"I fucks with him." Omari said as he exhaled the smoke from his mouth

"You don't even understand what he said." She snapped at him

He shrugged his shoulders in a dismissive manner.
"I'm high 99% of the time. I barely remember where I'm at half of the time."

"O-ok...um...well....ima go ahead and go, cause he starting to sound like a feen," I said before getting up and walking out of the room.

I went back into my room and decided to lay down until Derrick arrived. I FaceTimed one of my friends to pass the time. We talked for about 10 minutes before I decided to take a nap. After about 45 minutes he texted me and said that he was outside.
I grabbed my bags and went out to the car. I texted Parrish that I was gone because he and Adonis wasn't home yet.
I was greeted at the door by Derrick as he basically fought me to take my suitcase and book bag.

᯽᯽᯽᯽᯽

When we arrived to his house, we sat in his car and talked for a while. We talked until we both decided we were hungry. He said that he wanted to cook for me so we ate at home. I went to his room and slept until he finished cooking.

His house was very different from mine. I mean of course it wasn't as big as mine, or even in the same part of town. But I liked that he could call it home.  It was on the west side of town and it was a one story French style home. It was fun being over here because I could escape all the hype of being the "gay rich couples" kid and just be Zakariyya. (Pls don't ask why my parents named me that long ass name.) I knew almost every one on the block and nobody knew my background. Only my name and personality. Which also why I stay with Kairo so much.
᯽᯽᯽᯽᯽

I rolled over in the bed and checked the time on my phone. It was now 9:30pm and he still hadn't woken me up to eat. Mind you, he picked me up around 4.
I got up and went into the living room just to see him sitting there watching a movie.

"What happened to the food?" I asked
He looked up from the TV and replied, "it's in the garbage. I cooked it, tasted it, and then threw it away. But I ordered us some Chinese."
I walked around to the couch and sat down beside him. "D, you were only making cheeseburgers," I said with a slight chuckle. "You know I can't cook Z." He replied.
I laughed a little bit before I replied. "Which still puzzles me as to why your parents leave you here by yourself every weekend."

I laid on his lap and continued to laugh to myself.
"So your parents don't leave you by yourself?" He asked with a hint of seriousness in his voice.
"I mean for maybe a day or two. But never for weeks at a time."
"So how does your parents have so much money then." He asked, but now with more curiosity then seriousness.

"Well," I started, "my pops is old money. My 4th generation great grandma opened up an in home pharmaceutical business for black people, since a lot of them couldn't go to regular clinics. From
There her daughter took it over when she died and her husband bought a little run down store to move it to. Then when their son took it over it was one of the Hotspots for African Americans in Central Texas. Then his daughter took it over and moved it down here to Houston. And when my grandad took it over, he rebranded it and now it's international. So the money has been here for generations."

He pandered for a minute before asking, "So what about your papa?"

I took a minute to gather myself before answering. "My papas side of the family is definitely "new" money. Not him exactly, but my grandparents were. His donor was in Pharmaceutical also. He just didn't have the right degrees. He made his coin as one of the top "Kingpins" in Texas."

"But isn't weed legal here?" He interrupted

"It is. But the shit he was pushing would've put a herd of Elephants on their ass. I'm talking like Fent, Coke, and shit the natural world ain't even heard of. But we don't really talk about him like that. But my grandma sucked his ass dry once they got divorced."

Somehow we had gotten into my papas childhood, and all the horrible things he and my uncles went through. I could tell that Derrick was very empathetic to what I was telling him.
I might have even seen a tear or two fall.

I further explained to him what happened during my father's childhood.
About twenty minutes after, the delivery guy dropped off our food. We ate, bathed, and watched a movie until we both fell asleep.