Giggles

(A/N: I can see the Peter hate now 😭 he's not a bad dad, he gets better I swear!!)

*
1982

Tara had been in quite a bad mood the whole day at the university. Peter and her had gotten into an argument earlier that day, and it had made her quite sour. She spent most of the day in Egon's lab, with a frown on her face.

Ray had come in after his class, to check on Tara. He sighed, seeing she had been in the same mood he had seen her in when he left.

"Oh, hunny." He said, going over to her.

She had been sitting on the counter that was next to Egon's desk. He had been off to the side, tending to some fungi. He offered for her to help him, but she refused. Her favorite past time was to help Egon with his fungi, but she was in too of a bad mood to do anything she quite enjoyed.

"He promised." Tara blurted.

Peter promised her a week ago that he would dedicate a week to spend time with her. He, instead, put in overtime at the university, and hooked up with one of the teachers. Tara's anger was honestly reasonable.

"I know sweetheart. He just forgets." Ray said, caressing her cheek.

"It's not an excuse." She grumbled.

"I know." He agreed, with a solemn look on his face.

Tara wrapped her arms around him, laying her head on his chest.

He scooped her up into his arms, lightly rubbing her back. He walked over to Egon, who was still busy tending to his fungi.

"Poor baby. I wish there was something to cheer her up." He conversed with Egon.

Egon turned to Ray, he looked over to Tara then back to Ray.

"I may have an idea." He shared.

Ray soon picked up on the idea, and headed to the cot that was in the corner of the lab.

Egon brought out something from the chore in the cabinet. He then followed Ray over.

The two boys sat down on the bed with Tara sitting in Stantz' lap. Her face buried in his shoulder.

Spengler gently pushed back her blonde curly locks, revealing the skin of her neck.

He lightly traced her neck with the feather in his hand, almost immediately earning soft giggles from the child.

Ray went and danced his fingers up her ribcage, turning Tara into a giggling mess.

"There's our happy girl." He said, titling her chin up.

Egon set the feather down on the counter next to him.

Tara moved over to have it where she was sitting in both of their laps.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"You don't have to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong." Egon told her.

"I know, but I feel I have to apologize. I bet I was a bummer to be around." She explained.

"You weren't a bummer to be around. Your feelings were justified, it's alright. You're safe with us." Ray assured her.

Tara smiled, laying her head on Egon's shoulder.

*