Chapter 9- Truth comes out part 2

*****

Chapter 9- Truth comes out part 2

I heard the door open and turned to see Elena come in. Elijah also turned and smiled slightly. She walked towards us.

"Welcome back." Elijah told her and I just nodded in acknowledgment. Elena stepped closer and without hesitation spoke.

"Tell me, what is Klaus's curse?" She asked straight out while taking her jacket off. Elijah studied her for a moment.

"Ok." She sat down an as did I. I however took a glass of whisky that I had found. Elijah gave me a dissaprooving look but otherwise ignored me as he began to tell Elena Klaus's story or as I called it 'the reason why Klaus is a dick.'

"Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my fathers son. My mother had been disfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of corse when my father discovered this he hunted down and he killed my mothers lover and his entire family. Not relizing of course that he was igniting a war between the species that rages on untill this very day." He told her. I sighed. I had heard this story twice before but every time it gets more easier to understand which only confuses me much more.

"A war between the species?" Elena asked confused.

"The vampires...and the...werewolves." He revealed.

"So Klaus's real father was from a werewolf bloodline. But what does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?" She questioned.

"He's both..." Elijah answered dramatically. Elena gasped and her eyes widened in shock. Her jaw dropped and she looked like a little kid who's been told that Santa doesn't exist and there's no more Christmas.

"A hybrid would be deadlier than any other werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. So therefore the witches, the servents if nature saw to it that my brothers werewolf side would become bound.

"That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?"

"He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If a loud Klaus would sire his own bloodline. His own race. Endangering not just vampires but everyone." He explained to her.

"But you helped him." Elena said.

"I helped him because I loved him. That's changed now. Now he must die." He told her. Urghh! Can't this girl understand so much that he needs to basically explain twice?!

"We have the dagger now. We can stop him." She tried to say but he interrupted her. She was standing up now.

"When a werewolf is wounded by silver, it heals. An original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger. So you see the conundrum that the dagger will not work."

"What are you saying? That Klaus can't be killed?" She asked.

"There's one way to kill any supernateral species. At the hands of the servents of nature themselves."

"A witch...if they can channel that much power themselves...but it would kill them." I guess she finally figured it out.