Chapter 3

Chapter 3

____

Pie's Nen

✞✦✞

____

Two years have already passed. Megami now has an idea of her Nen, and it involves in blood. Of course, it seems stereotypical, but at the same time...

"Your Nen is unique, Megami." Netero says as Megami is manipulating the blood that is emitting from her self-inflicting wound. "I don't know Gramps... It just seems so boring." Megami drags out as she manipulates the blood more in the air, her wound closing up by itself.

Netero looks at the manipulated blood more closely, and sees Megami's aura surrounding it, following every movement. Netero then gets an idea. "Ah! I see. Try and turn the blood into a weapon, like a sword or a knife."

Megami looks at Netero with her red eyes, then looks back the flowing blood in concentration. She imagines a claymore sword, and she moves her hand slightly and the blood starts to form into the weapon, but not fully. Megami loses her image, and she loses concentration and the manipulated blood drops and hits the ground.

She sighs in dissatisfaction. "I don't know if I can do it. It's complicated to manipulate blood, but even more complicated to morph it into something." Megami says and she sits on the grass criss-cross and her palms on her knees as she looks at the puddle of blood longly.

Netero looks at the girl with a frown, then smiles warmly and rubs her head, messing up her hair. "Well if you train, it'll soon become your advantage during the Hunter Exam, don't you think?" He asks Megami. She looks at him, then puffs out her cheeks with a comical irritated look.

"It would be nice if you told me what the exam is gonna be like... But of course! If you would've told me, it wouldn't be as interesting for me..." Megami drags on her sentence, lifts her hand, then manipulates the blood from the ground again, trying to form her claymore sword.

She uses two hands instead this time and elegantly gestures her hands to form the weapon once again, and she has the shape down, but the blood is still liquid. "Ah! I got the shape, b-but..." Megami struggles to keep the form together above her head. She closes her fists, and the claymore sword hardens into crystalized blood.

Megami and Netero are in shock, then Megami loses concentration again and the newly formed claymore starts to fall, but Megami catches it with ease. She inspects her newly found advantage, then smiles brightly and looks at Netero with a sparkly gaze. "Gramps! Look! I did it! Wow, I thought it would take forever to do it, but here I am!" Megami rants on her new accomplishment, and Netero looks at her with a warm smile once again.

Megami's ranting stops when Netero ruffles her hair again. "Now try to dissolve it back to liquid again, child, and keep creating new weapons, gadgets, or even a copy of yourself." Netero says, then starts to head inside the mansion he lives in. Megami looks at his retreating figure, then nods with a confident hum and smile.

"I will Gramps!"

____

"Finally, there's the boat. It took forever to get here..." Present time Megami drags on as her slumped shoulders now straighten from the sight of the sailor's boat. "I know it's a bit early to go to the exam now but..."

Megami jogs towards the dock her short, light pink hair flowing behind her head, and her loose clothing bouncing with every step. She's wearing a baggy navy blue sweater that makes her curves and (almost) her hands disappear, a gold chain with an emerald around her neck, her flower pin that her mother gave her pinned on her sweater, a pearl earring on her right ear, a black skirt that goes mid thigh (of course wearing spandex underneath), some white knee high stockings, and then some blue and black high top sneakers.

"Better to be early than never go? That's sounds stupid what?"

Megami gets on the boat, and it's a smooth journey, until they have to go though a storm and the boat rocks back and forth in every direction. Most of the passengers get sick, but Megami keeps her feet firm as she lays down on a nearby hammock with no problem. The boat finally makes it through the storm, but all of the passengers are now on the floor, well, except Megami. They all look like they're about to throw up.

But then again, some noticeable people that didn't look sick and still standing was a ninja looking fellow with broad shoulders, a purple man with pins in his face, and a man that looks like a clown.

She doesn't like the pin man and clown's auras at all, so she tries to avoid them at all cost. But of course, God is not on her side at all.

"Huh? Just you four?" The captain of the ship says, then he leads them to the main station, all of them together. Megami is at the far right, the ninja dude to her side, and the two she would like to avoid farther away, fortunately.

"I just have one question. Why do you want to be Hunters?" The Captain asks, and Megami catches on easily.

"Of course he's one of the examiners. He's literally bringing us to the location." Megami thinks to herself with a deadpan expression, then the Captain looks at her.

"Now you, with the deadpan expression. Why do you want to be a Hunter?" The Captain asks her and she comically stiffens as she looks around and the other three men are looking at her quizzically. The clown looks creepier though...

"Ehh... Really put me on the spot, huh? Um..." She straightens her posture and her hands go on her hips, one side strutting to her left. "Well, if I have the Hunter License, I can do whatever I want. It would make my life even more interesting, because I don't know where to even start. One minute I'm with my family, the next I'm now alone in this world, and it's boring!" Megami says with a slight irritated look to herself, then her eyes sparkle in determination. "This Hunter License will make my boring life more interesting!"

The Captain narrows his eyes towards the girl, and she recoils with a sweatdrop. "Too much information...?"

"So this is the 'Pie Megami' Chairman Netero mentioned. Quite lively indeed, but 'alone in this world'? Just what happened to her at such a young age?" The Captain thinks to himself. Megami starts to get more nervous by his gaze as she fidgets with her loose sleeves.

"Crap! Maybe I said too much?! Maybe he doesn't like my reason?! I don't know! He keeps giving me strange looks!! Why is that clown staring at me weirdly...?" Megami rants in her mind, but then her thoughts are cut off by the Captain.

"Good reasons from all of you. You all pass. We'll be at our destination in about 4 hours. In the meantime, don't kill each other please. I'd hate to have to throw a dead body overboard." The Captain says as he dismisses the four. Megami doesn't go back with the other three, but instead she explores around the ship, then settles on laying down on a box and looking at the blue sky.

She slightly pricks her fingers with her sharp black nails and manipulated the blood to turn it into a small dagger to fidget around with. Her wound closes up and she kicks her dangling feet from the side of the box.

"Why must I have to wait four more hours? So boringggg..."

____

✞✦✞

____

A/N: Updates are slow I know, but soon I'll get more done on other books and this one as well. Hope you understand!