Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12

Start from the beginning

"This is petrifying," Lydia gripped tightly onto Sirius, "Pads, what if something bad happens?"

"Then I'll be there to support her," Sirius held Lydia's hand, "promise."

The dragon charges at Iola with it's fiery breath, and Iola barely dodges, her hair burning off. "Aquafors!" She shouted, dousing the flames, before continuing to run. The dragon got closer and closer, eventually, it's talons clawed into her side. Seconds away from a very painful end, Iola though on her feet, and cast, "METELOJINX!" A huge thundestorm erupted from her wand, and distracted the dragon. Iola ran and ran and ran, until she finally made it to the end point. She collapsed onto Ms. Hicks, and was relieved to see the dragon care-takers stun the dragon into submission.

"She did it Pads!" Lydia leapt onto the table, pulling her brother and future husband up with her, "our girl did it!"

"That's my great-niece!" Newt cheered alongside Tina. The hall erupted into cheers, glad the Potter girl made it out okay.

"Good heavens!" Poppy Pomphrey yells, "bring me the girl." Iola's burns and cuts were treated. "Damage from magical creatures is irreversible," Madam Pomphrey sighed, "I won't be able to remove the scars. They'll tingle from time to time, but otherwise should heal nicely."

"Thanks," Iola says, looking down at her body. She'd never be the same again. And most of her hair had burnt off, so she felt like a fool. And ugly fool.

"Hey Iola," Susan came, still in her gryffindor red robes,  and sat next to her, "how's it doing?" Iola couldn't hep herself, and began to sob into her cousin's shoulders.

"The poor darling," Pandora Fawley pitied, "she must be so traumatized."

"Oh Iola," Amelia rushed in, "you're going to be alright."

"Yeah," Benjy said, ravenclaw blue robes on, "you got a decent score. You got a 37/50."

"YOU IDIOT!" Lydia Corner slapped him, her slytherin green robes whooshing with her movements, "you think she cares about that now?"

"Sorry Anthe," Benjy apologizes, "that was insensitive."

"It's alright," Iola wipes her tears, "it's all going to be alright."

"Guess who brought chocolate?" a voice sing-songed.

"Thank you Lily," Iola took some, "stole it from Remus?"

"No," Lily laughed, "little Rowan did. He took it from his father's stash, and brought it to his Mama. He's such a Mama's boy."

"I'm not!" little 2 year old Rowan Lupin stamped his feet, "I'm not!"

"He's so cute," Marlene gushed, "and he has your eyes Lily. And his Dad's everything else. But definitely your eyes."

"I think he has my hair as well," Lily tilted her head at the screen, "definitely the thickness and curls. Remus doesn't have that."

Iola laughed as her father rushed in, all cheers, and with a dramatic reiteration of the day's events. She'd be forever happy if she had her family. 

The scene shifts to the month before the Yule Ball. "As you all know," Ms. Hicks began, "you will all be obligated to attend. I hope you all learn to dance formally before then, especially you Theodore and Iola. You two will be expected to open the ball."

"Yes Ms. Hicks," the hall chorused, "we understand."

"Who are you going to ask?" Olivia skipped arm in arm with Iola, "I asked Jacob Newurt from the upper year, and he said yes."

"I wonder if Iola has a crush of her own," Benjy whispered to Lydia.

"Nah," Lydia shrugged it off, "having had the same crush since second year, I can assure you that the kid doesn't have a crush. She'd be obsessing over him as much as I did over you."

"If you say so," Benjy chose to agree with her. He din't exactly want his daughter to have one anyways.

"I'm planning on going with Benjy," Iola shrugged, "he's too young to go on his own. Nev's taking Callie, and Mike's taking Lydia. We all wanted to go as a family, but those three were too young."

"Oh," Lilah said, "too bad. And here I thought we'd hear a love confession."

"Once again," Iola rolled her eyes, "I don't have any crushes. Go tease Leopold instead. Everyone knows about his crush on Isolt Foster."

"That's exactly why he's no fun to tease," Lilah pouts, "everyone already knows."

"I'm glad to see that they still have some childhood innocence," Augusta comments, "and that they value family."

"I agree 'Gusta," Euphemia announces, "Merlin knows they need it."

The scene shifts to the Cave of Inferi.