Chapter 17- Meaningful Words

Start from the beginning

"Y'know Maybank? The pogue," Rafe asked Barry and my heart almost stopped beating. What the fuck was he going to do? 

"Yeah man, I fucking hate him," Barry said and I rolled my eyes, of course, he did.

"Well, he talked some shit into my girl's head about me and she fucking believes him so I'm gonna beat the fuck out of him. Just needed to pregame a little," Rafe told Barry and he nodded. 

His personality had changed since he was in the room, he was more calm and less scary but he still wasn't the Rafe I knew. Rafe left the trailer and as soon as I heard his bike start up I got out of my hiding spot. 

"So I guess Ms. Country Club is what he's all so worked up about huh?" Barry told me, his tone back to normal. 

"Fuck," I mumbled and I ran out of his trailer. I started my car and called Jj, Rafe seemed serious and I didn't want him to hurt Jj. 

"Lil I'm so sorry," Jj said as he picked up. 

"Jj, we'll sort this out later but I need you to go somewhere that no one would find you in." I told Jj, I still hadn't forgiven him but I cared about his safety. 

"O-okay, but why?" he asked. 

"Rafe is basically coming for you," I said in a serious tone. 

"Your psycho boyfriend is coming for me huh? That's not concerning at all," Jj said sarcastically. 

"Jj shut the hell up, you literally ruined my relationship. I still care about you and that's why I called you but we aren't good." I said before hanging up. I knew Rafe was headed to Jj's but he didn't know a shortcut that I had learned a few months back to get to his faster. 

I took that shortcut so I could get to his house first and stop Rafe from doing anything stupid. I arrived at Jj's and as I predicted Rafe wasn't there yet. About five minutes I saw Rafe's bike get in the driveway. 

"Maybank get the fuck out before I kill you," he yelled which startled me. 

"Rafe," I said with a sob and our eyes met in the darkness. 

"Lillian?" he asked, his tone getting softer. 

"He's not here, you won't know where he is so it's not worth searching," I said. 

"Why are you here Rafe?" I asked him, I knew the answer but I wanted to hear it from him. 

"Lillian," he said. I shook my head at him. 

"Answer my question," I demanded softly. 

"It's just that, everyone who knows about us always says the same things. That I'm bad for you, that I will hurt you, and that I will just leave you. People always compare me to Daniel as if I would ever do that to you and today you flinched at me so I thought that you believed it as well, so I thought that I could at least make up to everyone's expectations." he told me and my heart broke. 

"Let's go home and discuss this when you're sober," I told him. I wanted to talk to him sober because tonight he really did scare me, I felt like he could really hurt me. And if I told him right now, things would fall apart even more.

__________________

The next morning I woke up and saw a few texts from Rafe

Rafe❤️

Hey

Rafe❤️

Can we talk?

Rafe❤️

I'm so sorry Lil

Me

Sure

Rafe❤️