Chapter 15: Winter Festival (The Arrival)

Start from the beginning

"Tom?" spoke Ranboo.

"Toasts, pancakes, and fruit bowls. Fuck porridge" stated the blonde.

The waiter nodded as they wrote down the orders and walked away to the kitchen. Leaving the small group at the table to talk amongst themselves. Though it was less of talking and more of plotting.

"So besides stealing stuff, what will we be doing first?" asked Beautie, leaning against the table.

"Well, the mayor guy is supposed to make an announcement of the official opening of the fair grounds, at least that's what Shelby told me the other day," explained Aimsey, "So we can just explore the grounds"

"That'll be the perfect to grab his hat then" proclaimed Beautie.

"Plus the flower decorations are everywhere by the entrance, my pockets will be packed by the time we leave" uttered Tubbo.

"That or your stomach" remarked Ranboo.

"Either way, works for me" shrugged Tubbo, with a smug smile.

"Anyways, I think walking around would be nice but I was told there were games here" huffed Ranboo, rolling his eyes.

"Hm? Oh yeah, they have a load of games here. My favorite is usually the dart ones" hummed Tommy.

"Isn't that the game where you can win giant stuffed toys?" questioned Beautie.

"Yeah! Wilbur used to be very good at those games and used to win me and Tubs a shit load of stuffed toys when we were younger" nodded Tommy.

"Well I don't how you are gonna win at it, you suck at darts" claimed Tubbo.

"I've been getting better, me and Jack were playing darts weeks ago and I beat him five to three" argued Tommy.

"That's because the darts kept burning up in his hands" retorted Beautie.

"Yeah yeah but I still beat him so I'm fit for playing darts" declared Tommy.

"We'll just have to see when we get there" chuckled Aimsey, "look out foods here"

The waiter returned to their table with their orders and handed them out. The group thanked them before digging into their breakfast. There was an attempt to be civil but they were really hungry so it was more of a minor ravenous manner. They were well fulfilled and full of energy when they finished eating. They left the money for the breakfast on the table before standing up to leave. They placed their cloaks and jackets back on before stepping out the establishment. As they were greeted by the chilly air once more, they saw human children sprint past them, laughing and excitedly yelling at each other. The hybrids were confused for a moment before realizing there was a crowd gathering further down the road.

"They're about to open the fairgrounds!" exclaimed Aimsey.

What are we waiting for then!" replied Tubbo, before jogging down the road.

The others followed suit behind the bee boy. It wasn't too long of a run and they found themselves at the back of the crowd. Tubbo's wings buzzed quietly as he hovered over them. Beautie hoisted Aimsey onto her shoulders to look over the crowd to see the mayor giving a speech at the front. Tommy clinged on a street light beside Ranboo to peer over as well, listening to the mayor's speech

"Good Morning, Citizens and Visitors from afar! We are glad to welcome you all into our town for this beloved tradition of ours. As we embrace the arrival of winter, we must embrace each other and indulge in what nature has to offer. So I hope for you all to be generous & open your hearts and arms for your loved ones and those who need love" spoke the mayor.

"With the power invested in me by everyone and mother nature, I pronounced the winter festival to commence!" They finished, as they cut the rope to the fairgrounds.

A cheer was released from the crowd as they flooded the grounds. Children screamed with delight as they ran around to start playing games, visitors & locals alike stopped at the main vendors that were open, and an eruption of smells wafted from every direction. It was nearly overwhelming as the place started to ooze festive cheer and excitement. The small group had also bleed into the crowd of the festival. Though they were quick to become separated. Tubbo and Beautie were already off to search for the mayor. Aimsey followed behind Ranboo and Tommy but their eye was quickly caught by a vendor selling a load of shiny trinkets. Leaving the ender prince and avian to wander the grounds on their own together.