Chapter 12: Tranquil Breakfast Hour

(wholesome and PLATONIC things, so please don't be weird)

The next few days were just pretty calm, though clouds started to brew once more. This time around it was most likely snow but they had a few more days or so before the cold precipitation would come raining down. Especially since the temperature had dropped tremendously that very few people were found outside. Most particularly in the morning before breakfast was even thought of. Such as now, where in a certain little red cottage on a hill where a special duo lived. The windows were covered with curtains from inside which blocked any sunlight from peaking through even though the sun had barely risen. Which is why a certain enderman hybrid was still sleeping away without a care in the world. He was quite comfortable with the place he was in. Tucked away under a colorful quilt while his head rested on a nicely plush pillow. The sound of soft music was playing from somewhere nearby but it didn't matter because he was at peace. Everything felt as it was fit for royalty, though in reality it was the calmness of living an easy going life.

Yet something began to hang in the air. A scent, a sweet one at that. It was sweet yet savory that slowly lured the enderian from his beauty sleep. He turned over to the side as he slowly opened his eyes. Very little light shone through the closed curtains, but the rising sun slowly began to bathe the room in an orange hue. The ender prince exhaled tiredly as they turned over to sit up, rubbing sleep out of their eyes. As he became more aware of his surroundings, he noticed an empty spot in the bed. Which was replaced with softly blurbing Hetta as she slept on the pillow beside him. Ranboo furrowed his brows as he used one hand to lift the small chicken so he could swing his legs over the bed. Hetta was barely disturbed as he set her back down. He stretched out his limbs while making his way towards the smell of sweet food. Letting his nose be his only guide since his eyes were still closed from sleepiness. Following the scent, he stumbled out of the bedroom, into the hallway and out into an open space he assumed was the kitchen. The distant soft music he heard early was much clearer and the scent was much stronger. He stumbled across the room until his chin found its way to rest atop of a certain person's blonde head. Wings rubbed against his stomach but he ignored it as he rested his arm around their shoulders.

"Good morning, Ran" greeted Tommy.

"Mornin' " purred Ranboo, as sharply inhaled the scent of food.

"Did you sleep well?" asked Tommy, shifting his wings to his sides.

"Surprisingly. If it weren't for whatever you're making, I wouldn't have gotten out of the bed" sighed Ranboo.

"Good timing. I borrowed a bunch of food stuff from Pube storage yesterday since we are probably going to be using most of the ingredients for today's work" proclaimed the blonde, as he set food onto a plate nearby.

"Work?" questioned the ender prince, opening one eye as he made disgruntled noise.

"Don't get all grumpy! You were the one who said we were going to make a bunch of small cakes before doing the big ones in the book" argued Tommy, gesturing towards something on the opposite counter of his.

The enderian glanced over to where the avian was pointing. On the counter was a cluster of tools, bowls, and loads of containers of ingredients surrounding a large book with a small white cake as the illustration. Eyes widened at the sight before turning his attention back to the blonde.

"All that, for just one cake?" asked Ranboo, a little taken aback.

"Nah, that's like five cakes worth of items. But that's only if we are able to successfully make them." assured Tommy, as he patted his friend's arm that was on his shoulder.

"Only five, I don't even think we'll get through one" scoffed Ranboo.

"We can at least try. Besides, who else is supposed to make our wedding cake if we are keeping the whole marriage thing a secret" shrugged Tommy.