we made it to the little shopping square in town and we shopped for a couple hours. you know the saying shop until you drop, yeah that's apparently a real thing.

we went back to her house and sat our stuff down on the floor.

"oh my lord, it's hot outside."
"no kidding." i said fanning myself with my hands.

"ok, let's go find you a dress."

we both ran up the stairs to her room and she opened her huge walk in closet door. i swear it was like a shop in here.

"hm, ok. i think your color is red. i'm wearing a hot pink dress, but lucky for you, i mostly wear red, so i have so many you can choose from."
"wow, you are not kidding."
"nope, ok let's try some on, yeah?"

i tried on almost all of the dresses, most of them getting a no, or not good enough for you, until we finally got to one with a slit on the side.

"o.m.g. this is the one!" she said leading me to her full length mirror.

"look at how hot you are!"
"i love it."
"we are going to take pictures on insta and post them to make the boys jealous." we both laughed.

abby and i both grabbed my bags and walked over next door back to the hughes lake house. the house was oddly quiet and ellen was in the kitchen sipping on a glass of wine.

"hey, girls. how was your shopping trip?"
"it was good, ellen. you should come with us next time!" abby exclaimed.

"anything to get out of the house." ellen laughed.

"come on, let's go sit this in your room, get a bikini on and then go tan. i'm assuming the boys are on the boat."

we went upstairs and set everything down, i lent abby a yellow bikini while i wore a pink and orange flower patterned one.

i threw on a t shirt over mine and abby just put her shorts back on and we walked outside to see the boys messing around in the lake.

"hey, girls." nico greeted.

"hey, guys."
"how was the shopping trip?"
"fun, better than being with you guys."
"how rude."

they all hopped out of the water and dried off in their towels. jack wrapped his around his neck and walked over to me.

"you have fun?"
"yeah, i did. i like her."
"that's good, you guys can hang out so you aren't stuck with only boys the whole time."
"i mean, i would be perfectly content with spending time with your mom, but she's a good plus."
"i'm glad you and my mom get along so well."
"me too."
"hey, guys. they opened that karaoke bar back, you wanna go?" ellen asked everyone.

long story short, we all got ready super fast and went to the karaoke bar.

we got a good laugh at everyone singing up on the stage. it wasn't too crowded, it was mainly us and a couple strays.

trevor decided it was a great idea to put all our names in a hat and three of us would have to go on stage.

"shit, man i got myself." we all laughed.

"and we got the couple of the hour, jack and delilah."
"come on, of all people." jack complained.

trevor decided to get up and sing you belong with me. he kept looking at abby the whole time and i kept laughing and nudging her shoulder.