Ada looked down bashfully then turned back up. "Didn't realize we were keeping score..."

Leon reached out his hand, Ada grabbed it before he pulled her up to her feet. "Grab my shoulder," he offered, but Ada reeled back.

"Don't push it, rookie," Ada denied.

Jasper secretly rolled his eyes at the blonde's attempt to help the woman. He felt like he was third-wheeling a pair of good friends hanging out. Or a date.

"OK... Just tryna help," Leon shrugged with a boyish grin. He watched as Ada limped past the blonde, treading through the garbage. "Watch your step."

Jasper shook the thoughts out of his head. He knew he was being ridiculous, but he couldn't help it. He knew Leon for so long that he just couldn't imagine seeing him with someone else other than him. These feelings have grown for years and it's only growing stronger at this point.

"You guys want to help? We have to get to the NEST," Ada relented.

"NEST?"

"Umbrella's lab. Right beneath us," Ada clarified, motioning towards the floor. "Annette let it slip. That's where the virus samples are. You guys up for this?"

"Think I can fit it in my schedules," Leon smirked slightly before turning to Jasper. "Jasper?"

The detective looked up quickly, feeling their eyes on him. "Yeah, sure," he nodded quickly, forcing a smile.

Ada smiled. "Come on, we got work to do."

"Yes, ma'am," Leon replied before following shortly behind her.

Jasper's smile fell as the cop and the agent walked forward before he followed as they began to walk away from the waste disposal.

"The cable car'll take us down to NEST," Ada explained as she showed them a black wristband with a green chip. "This wristband's our ticket to ride."

"Nice. Where'd you get that?" Leon asked.

"Borrowed it," Ada smirked. "Anyway, we're almost there."

"Ugh..." Outside the monitor room, Ada stumbled with a grunt and paused to take a breath. "This damn leg..."

Leon quickly offered. "Let me carry you—"

"No," Ada quickly declined, being the stubborn woman she was. "That'd only make me feel worse."

If looks could kill, then Leon would already be dead by Jasper's deadly glare burning in the back of his skull. "How's the shoulder?" He asked the cop in attempt to calm himself down.

"Worse than it looks," Leon answered honestly.

"What a pair," Ada piped as they finished crossing the bridge. "Both got one foot in the grave."

"At least we have someone else to lean on if we have to," Leon joked, making Jasper chuckle slightly.

"Yeah, but don't expect me to actually carry both of you at the same time," Jasper replied with a smile, forgetting the anger and jealousy he had earlier. After saying this, he noticed the group had reached the door to the cable car.

"That should take us where we need to go," Ada informed. She took the led and used the wristband to unlock the electronic lock. A beep sounded and the sign on the door turned green, then the door slid open.

"This may be a one-way ride. So be prepared," Ada warned the two as she entered and took a seat. Both males followed her in, Leon stepped behind while Jasper reached the controls. The detective pulled the lever to start the cable car, and suddenly the door was closing.