Chapter 1: Loss

As I was walking into a stall to change into my uniform, I thought about how my boyfriend was at home. He was probably thinking about me. About us. After all, we couldn't have possibly been happier! 

You're probably wondering what I'm talking about, right? My boyfriend, Chris, was an amazing guy! We were dating for a little over a year, and we shared an apartment together. We did pretty much everything together, apart from my job. I worked as a waitress to pay for everything, hence why I was changing into a uniform. 

Clearly our life together was amazing, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

I skipped out of the stall and snatched a pen and paper. I stepped into a booth and asked a man what he would like. "I'll have a sweet tea," He said with a smile. 

I jotted it down on my paper and gave him a friendly grin. "Alright sir! Your drink will be here soon." He nodded as I walked away to get the drink. 

A few minutes later, I was walking back towards his booth, when suddenly I slipped and fell, spilling the drink all over him! He stood up seeing red, with his clothes and hair drenched. "What is wrong with you?! I'm outta here!"

 He stormed off as my manager, Mr. Bailey, came to see the problem. I'd already made mistakes like that many times in the past, but I knew that was the last straw. 

"Y/N L/N! Come to my office! Now!

I slowly stood up and followed him to his office. I shakily sat down in the chair in front of him as he scolded me. 

"You have screwed up far too many times, Ms. L/N. You're fired." My whole world crashed down as those words left Mr. Bailey's lips. I felt my breath leave my lungs as his words sank in. I won't be able to afford my rent this month, how am I supposed to pay for my car? Chris is gonna be so upset! What am I gonna do? 

I fearfully nodded my head and left the office with tears streaming down my face. I slowly stepped over to a stall and changed my clothes. I shakily placed the uniform in a basket and I left the stalls. I stepped out of the building with other employees scolding me. 

Once I made it to my car, I sat inside the driver's seat and allowed myself to break down. The tears felt like they'd never stop pouring out of my blood-shot eyes. People gave me weird looks but I didn't care. After a full 20 minutes of crying, I turned my car on and started driving.....

~*~

There I was. In front of my apartment with the keys in my hand. Was I ready to face Chris? A choked sob escaped my throat as I opened the door. Chris was sitting on the couch watching TV. He immediately turned the TV off and stood up when he saw me. 

I closed the door behind me and broke down into a fit of sobs, once again. He cupped my face in his hands and said, "Y/N, what's wrong? Did something happen at work?" 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and sobbed into his shoulder. He rubbed my back comfortingly, whispering encouraging things. Finally, I looked him in the eyes through blurry vision and shakily answered. 

"I got fired." For a moment, his heartbeat seemed to stop. It started back up again when his expression turned from shock to anger. "You can't do one thing right, can you?!" He snatched my wrist and violently threw me on the couch. When did he become so strong? He stormed out of my apartment and slammed the door, leaving me with my thoughts. 

I think.... My world just fell apart....