Chapter 5: ◍ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚊 ◍ (1/1)

Start from the beginning

I shook my head, "No, this all sounds reasonable."

"Okay," Azul clapped his hands and smiled, "So, do we have a deal?"

I nodded my head hesitantly. Maybe there was a catch to all of this.

I was reeled back from my thoughts when I heard footsteps. I turned in my chair to see that the two figures began approaching me again. I hadn't even noticed that they weren't by my side anymore.

They approached with long strides, both standing beside me like before. Azul held out a pen which I took. I looked at him skeptically, thinking there was something that he had written that would affect me negatively.

"I see we aren't quite trusted yet, hm? Well, I am an honorable man. I wouldn't lie to a customer. Go ahead and check the contract, you'll see all the fine print," he crossed his hands behind his head as he leaned back in his chair.

I quickly took the paper and began scanning the details, and he was right. There wasn't anything added to what he had stated. I placed the paper back on the desk, pen in hand. I brought it to the paper and I could feel eyes staring at me intently, waiting for me to make a move, like a hunter about to trap its prey.

I wrote my signature against the paper, trying not to think about the burning stares I was receiving. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see the figures that stood beside me lean over and grin, a look of a successful hunt spreading across their faces.

"Very well, you will begin to work immediately. Floyd and Jade will find you your uniform and will teach you the proper etiquette a server should have while serving customers."

Who I assumed was to be Floyd and Jade, the two boys began leading me out the door. While I was about to step foot out of the room, Azul said, "Oh, and Y/N, thank you." A cunning grin spread across his face as he adjusted in his chair.

The door shut, a click confirming the wooden door had been closed. I began to ease due to the change in the environment.

I looked at the brothers, now seeing their appearances. They had teal hair, a single black stripe framing their faces, each stripe parting the opposite of their brother's. Their complexion was fair, not a single pore in sight. Their skin radiated like the stars that filled the night sky. An unusual trait they had was that their eyes were different colors, heterochromia painting their iris'. Their smiles looked like sickening grins, sharp teeth filling their toothy smiles.

I cleared my throat, "So, Azul said that you will find me a uniform?"

One stepped forward, "Yes, I will give you a uniform so you will have the proper attire while working for this establishment." He then proceeded to walk down a hallway until he was out of my sight.

I turned and was immediately met with a face. I let out a yelp and backed up from him.

"Awe, why'd you back up? You must be a startled one, Shrimpy," he said with a smile, eyes softening while he stared at me. He bent down to meet my gaze. Wow, he is so tall.

"You're just so cute! How does someone not want to just squish you?" He grabbed my cheeks and began tugging them like a grandma.

My face flushed at his bluntness at his statement of how he found me cute.

I asked, allowing him to continue grabbing my face, "Shrimpy?"

He nodded his head, a smile spreading ear to ear. "Yeah! I just came up with it. Ya like it?"

"I don't hate it," I admitted. He brought his hands away from my face and dropped them to his sides. He shifted his weight onto one leg, his eyes staring at me.