Chapter I

It's the day I'm moving from London to Monaco, I'm moving there for school or so that's what everyone thinks. I'm moving there to get away from my ex he is not a good guy at all, so I'm moving away to focus on my schooling and nothing else, no guys no nothing. I have a job lined up and my apartment is all ready for me to move in, now I just need to get there it's only a short flight to Nice then I get my car and drive to Monaco.

The flight was easy and so was the drive, I'm now sitting on my bed in my new apartment going over my work schedule and Uni schedule. I go to uni from 8am to 4pm then work from 430pm to 9pm on weekdays, on weekends I don't have uni so I have work from 7am to 4pm, I'm going to be very busy but I'll get use to it soon. At the moment it's 6pm I can't be bothered to make food so I just ordered something to eat so I'm scrolling through Instagram when I hear my doorbell ring I get up and go to the front door to get my dinner. I put on Disney+ show and eat, I don't know how long it's been but I look at the time to see it's 10pm so I get up from the couch and get ready for bed, as it's Friday I have work at 7am so I set my alarm for 6am enough time to get ready and get to the cake in time to start.

My alarm went off I quickly got up and got ready the cafe was only a 5 minute walk from my apartment. When I'm finished getting ready it's 6:30am so I walk out of my front door and begin my walk to the cafe, it looks like they are setting up for someone, maybe something for next weekend but I don't know, maybe I'll find out. I get ti the cafe and see a girl at the counter who looks around my age, 'yay someone my age,' I walk up to the counter ready to channel all my high school French lesson, hoping I still know some French, "Bonjour, je Scarlett, je commence ici aujourd'hui." That wasn't too bad I think, "Hello, you can speak English we all do. Anyway I'm Emily, my parents own the cafe well it's been in our family for years." 'I like her she seems fun.' "That's cool, so where will I be starting today?" "Yes you'll start today with just running." "Awesome, also you seem cool I feel like you'll be fun to be around," she laughs, "I think you just become my new best friend" I smile, "Oh thank god I have no friends here," I can't believe I've made a friend so quickly she seems so cool too, I have to start my shift so she takes me out back to put my things down and start my shift, back in London I worked at a high-end restaurant as a witness so this will be easy for me and easier when I learn the layout of the cafe which won't be hard subject it's not that busy at the moment. "So when do we get busy?" I asked Emily, "Well for a Saturday it should start around 7:30-8" "Awesome, thank you" I smile at her and just start getting myself familiarise with the cafe and menu.

The day comes to an end and it wasn't to bad it got busy but it wasn't to bad thank god for that, I'm walking out when I hear Emily, "Scarlett wait up." I turn around to face her with a smile on my face, "What's up?" "I'll walk with you" she says with a big smile I can't help but return the smile my first real friend here I'm so happy. As we are walking they are still setting up for something so I ask is she know anything about it, "What are they setting up for?" "Oh my god, you don't know?" "No otherwise I wouldn't be asking you" she laughs at me, "Right sorry, they are setting up for the F1 race next weekend, I can't wait!" I look at her confused because I honestly have no idea what F1 is, "I'm sorry the what?" She whips her head to look at me with the most shocked face I have ever seen. "You don't know what F1 is, and you moved to Monaco." I laugh at her reaction " I'm sorry but no" "Do you know any sports?" "Tennis, I love tennis." "Boring F1 is fast cars and hot guys, we have to go to the race next weekend." "I don't know, how much is it?" I don't have enough money for it anyways so I won't be going anyways, "No don't worry, my family goes to every race here, I can get us a paddock pass for us." I would feel so so bad if she did this, I only just met her she can't do that for me, "No way, I feel really bad. I just met you, i would—" she cuts me off "No shush. You are my new best friend and I want to do this for you. So it's settled we are going." "Agh fine, thank you, also this is me." I say when we get to the front of my apartment block, she hugs me and we say our goodbyes, I head inside and decide to go down ti the beach for a little while. It's only a short walk there, I get there and sit down on one of the chairs what I didn't realise is someone had already put their stuff down to sit here on this chair, "Excusez-moi mademoiselle, mais vous êtes assise sur ma chaise." I look up and can't believe my eyes, he's the most beautiful person I've ever see.