Freezing Rain

Biscotti Bookshop in the heart of Frostfield, on a chilling winter's day. Icicles forming underneath the windowsill, Cecilia stood inside the shop looking through the window looking concerned at the cumulative snowfall. She went back to the cashier desk and turned up the thermostat by a few degrees. Suddenly a snowy chill comes in as Hope enters the bookstore to start her shift. ''Hey Hope, I'm surprised you showed up with the weather being what it is.'' ''Snow, sleet, hail, no way I'm missing out on working at the bookstore. Besides maybe there's some books on theme with the weather.'' ''I think we got a new book about two enemies who are snowed in and fall in love, Hearts Encased in Ice, I think it's called.'' ''Sweet!'' Hope ran off to search for the book. Then Mandi and Tony came in, winter coats covered in snow looking like two walking snowmen, their daughters Sidney and Jordan in their arms. ''Hey, can we stay here until the snow calms down?'' ''Of course!'' Said the sweet elderly lady Edna who was volunteering at the library to spend time with her adult daughter Cecilia. She was sitting in her rocking chair near the fireplace knitting mittens. She placed the unfinished mittens in the basket of yarn next to her chair and pulled out a storybook while Sidney and Jordan sat down on the rug, all smiles to listen and Hope put the safety glass in it's slot in front of the fireplace. ''Let me spin the tale of a freezing snow storm and a snow themed queen with a frozen heart.''