Chapter 4

This chapter is a bit long but it's hella important!

Author POV
September 16, 1990
Atlanta, Georgia

It was a hot, peaceful, and crime-free night in the streets of the ATL. No fighting, no vulgar actions, not a gun in sight. Back in the 90s were the sanctified days let my mama tell it....but see...she didn't know of the Notorious GT or as most knew Ghost. She hadn't heard of  GT's merciless murderous ways; she hadn't heard how Ghost got to where they are now. And let me tell you, from beginning to end it wasn't pretty.

Before Ghost, in the 80's, Atlanta was the home of the then-drug lord MeatLoaf. You ask why the hell was he called meatloaf...I ask myself the same damn thing...I don't know. Although he had quite a silly name, everyone in the streets of Atlanta respected him, even those in office and the average family of five households. I mean, why wouldn't they? After all, he was giving back to the community. Schools, Churches, Parks, Hospitals, hell even banks. Everyone loved him and his money and most of all, they loved that he had morals. Most of the time when you hear about drug lords, you may think of someone who is ruthless, money-hungry, and someone willing to kill anyone to get their way. That wasn't Meatloaf.

If something wasn't for him...then something wasn't for him. If you had a problem with him, he just let you beef with yourself, he was cautious though. Whenever it was necessary, he had no problem ending someone's life...but it was very rare being that he was a rather rational person.  He didn't touch mothers or children, that's where he drew the line.

He was on top of the city of Atlanta. He couldn't be stopped. Not when his business covered all corners of the city, from selling coke to crackheads to funding different schools and housing communities. But that all soon ended along with his life on the night of September 16, 1990.

Meatloaf, real name Randolph Drewster had a family back home. They were the cause for it all, the reason he chose the life he did. In Valdosta, Ga lived his beautiful wife Pearl with their three sons James, Michael, and the youngest David. He loved his family dearly and would do anything for them, that's why he had them live so far from where he mainly did business. He couldn't have them in the mix. Folks knew of his wife, but never seen her and never heard of his sons. Only trusted ears such as his right-hand man Ashtray knew about his family. And he had a plan to keep it that way.

Earlier in the day of the 16th, Meatloaf had met up with a possible weed supplier. He felt the rise in the desire for such plants as they moved through the 90s. Once that meet-up was finished, he got word that his crew were all hanging out at Candy Appeal Gentleman's Club, so he wanted to show his face. Not before seeing his family first.

"Pearl, baby I'm home," he announced walking through the doors of his freshly bricked two-story home.

"Super cat speeeeeed!" Meatloaf could hear his sons.