"boys, go out on the boat before you eat the whole house of food!" ellen exclaimed.

i laughed at her comment and all the guys groaned and closed the fridge.

"come on, d." nico waved me over.

"that's my cue."
"have fun, sweetheart."

i smiled and walked out with the boys over to the boat. jack held his hand out and helped me step in.

"what a gentleman?"
"only for you, m'lady." we both laughed.

"and you're telling me you don't like each other?"
"relax, we've only known each other for three days i don't like him and he doesn't like me."

jack's pov:

i'm not going to lie to you, when she said that it kinda hurt. she isn't wrong, we have only known each other for three days, but within those three days i have felt some sort of warmth being around her.

she makes me nervous and as cliche as it sounds, whenever i touch her i get butterflies and sparks that shoot through my body.

when she says she doesn't like me i believe her but when she said i didn't like her, that is a complete lie. i definitely do like her whether i'm willing to admit it to anyone or not.

how could i not? she's absolutely gorgeous and so nice, she gets along with everyone. i'm pretty sure she won trevor over as soon as he laid eyes on her.

not to mention that my mom also loves her. that's a big deal breaker to me when it comes to relationships with girls, my mom has to like them.

i'm not even dating the girl and my mom won't stop talking about her, almost as much as i have been thinking about her. she just has that effect on people.

quinn started up the boat and we all left the dock to the middle of the ocean. we were going to be taking turns wake surfing.

"hey, wisconsin dells, have you ever gone wake surfing?"
"i have but i sucked horribly at it. i think i only lasted like ten seconds."
"you wanna try again?"
"no i'm ok, i'd rather just watch you guys go." she chuckled.

"when's the last time you went?"
"around january. my cheer team went on a team bonding retreat before nationals in florida."
"oh, nice. how'd nationals go?"
"we won. we went to worlds after that in febuary but got second."
"that's still pretty good."
"yeah. at the time we were kinda upset about it but it was fine i don't really care that much about it anymore."
"kinda upset? you called me crying once you got back to your hotel room?"
"i cry at every competition, luke. whether we win or lose it's like an emotional rollercoaster."
"are you going to do cheer again?"
"yeah, it's my moms agreement to helping us pay for school, if my brother and i are both in sports, plus i kinda have to since it's also my job."
"you work there too?"
"yeah. when you cheer you have to work there too, so whether it's help coach, work at the front desk or selling water bottles you have to work there. we hold comps at our school so usually we have to help guide people around to warmups and whatnot."
"you don't cheer at your own competitions?"
"no cause if you lose in your own school it looks kinda bad so we'd rather not risk it since we have such a big division."
"ohhhh, that makes sense."

we spent the rest of that afternoon wake surfing until the sun went down. once we got back to the house we all snacked on whatever we found to eat and then the boys headed downstairs to play video games.

i waited behind with delilah while she was helping my mom with dishes.

"you should learn a lesson or two from this one, jack. she's a guest and she's helping me clean."
"actually, about her, can i steal delilah for a minute?"

my mom nudged delilah's shoulder and jokingly told her to get out of her kitchen.

delilah laughed and wiped her hand dry while walking over.

"what's up?"
"follow me."

i led her up the stairs to my room and opened my window. i looked back at her and she had a confused look planted on her face.

"do you trust me?"
"yeah."
"then come on."

i stepped out of my window and climbed onto the roof. delilah slowly followed behind and i grabbed her hand and helped pull her up because she was a little too short to be able to pull herself up on her own.

"what are we doing up here?"
"look." i said nodding my head towards the sky.

"wow... it's beautiful."

i looked towards her and saw all the colors of the sky brightening her face. her eyes were a bright blue that were even prettier in the sunlight.

"i used to come up here all the time when i was little. i kinda stopped a few years ago once friends started coming over a lot but i thought you'd enjoy this."
"i do enjoy it." she chuckled and stared at the sky with a smile on her face.

she was sitting with her legs crossed and her hands resting in her lap.

i don't really know why but sudenly i had the urge to grab her hand, so i did.

i slowly reached over and gently grabbed her hand. she looked down and then did something i didn't expect she'd do. she intertwined our fingers and gently laid her head on my shoulder, scooting closer to my side.

i laid my head on hers and just silently watched the sun set in the distance with the only girl in this world.