WHO IS HE. 7

It was a Thursday and Arien had just walked into the building of Vinxia, as he walked up the stairs he heard a whole bunch of chatter. It confused him but then he went up to the next floor, he saw the gang standing at their lockers but they were staring at something. He facepalmed as he knew this was already about to be some bullshit.

He walked up to the gang as they turned their heads to the sound of footsteps, he smiled and waved at them. But they just waved, no smile this time. His face dropped as he was definitely right about today being bullshit.

ARIEN "Alright, what is it?"
RINYOE "Look." he said, pointing in a direction that got Arien's attention.

Arien squinted as he realized who it was. It was his arch-nemesis, Darian. The guy he despised but also feared, the guy who made his life a living hell. Why? Is all he could think. His mind started to panic as he started to hyperventilate, having a anxiety attack. 

Lonora's eyes widened as she held Arien.
LONORA "Hey, hey, Arien! Calm down, it's okay, I got you. We got you." she said, worried and panicky.
Rinyoe's hands fidgeted, his eyes darting around as he tried to see if there was something to calm Arien down.
Xvyn took off the headphones wrapped around his neck, putting it on Arien's head gently as he played music that Arien liked.

XVYN "Take it easy, Arien. Want me to walk with you?" he asked.
ARIEN "N-no. I think I need this time to myself." he said shakily, his throat closing up.
Lonora was worried for her best friend, she knew he always got like this when he saw Darian. But she had no idea he would come back on their last year of Vinxia.

XVYN "Okay." he said quietly, Rinyoe nodding with him.
Arien let out a soft breath as he walked away, going into a hallway far away from them and Darian. He was more calm with the headphones on but his anxiety rushed through his body like a speeding train.

He then walked into a empty classroom, clearly abandoned but looks fresh as if the janitor cleaned it every month. It smelt like that ironic school-cleaning spray smell but nicer. He sat down in a corner as his music played.

His phone buzzed with a notification from the groupchat, it was Xvyn. He sighed quietly, not wanting to respond. Not because it was Xvyn or anything, but he was too in his feelings to want to say anything at all. He felt tears swell up in his eyes, he hadn't cried in a while. Not until that fight with Lonora, but overall no.

Anyway, people can change over the years or in seconds. He decided he can't bottle up his feelings anymore and broke down in tears. God, he was sensitive and he hated it. He hated being the one who couldn't get his shit together. Why is the leader of the group always the one who's struggling and in pain the most? 

Even when Arien shares his problem with his friends, they don't understand. They never do. And they never will. He cares for his friends, he always cares, maybe that's his problem. He's always there for them and they never pay him back, sometimes they do, but does it make him happy? No.

Yes! He wants to be spoiled and is that so wrong? He wants to be loved, comforted, cared for, but every time he gets that, he hates it. He wants to feel needed but he doesn't want to feel needy or attention-seeking, he wants something that comes normally. And don't you dare say it's love, he hates that word.

And all of a sudden, the door opened and then closed. He looked up as tears fell down and stained his cheeks continuously, it was Nia. Her blue eyes slightly widened as she looked at Arien, she seemed genuinely concerned.

NIA "Arien?"
ARIEN "Oh. Um, hey, Nia."
NIA "Are.. you okay?"

She walked over to him, sitting her bag down as she sat next to him. Her face filled of worry and concern, for once that looked like the only time she only ever cared about him unless he was in serious danger.