16. The Muggle-World

Start from the beginning

You sat in a café, enjoying a cup of coffee, while Ron fumbled with a sugar packet, looking at it as if it were some sort of puzzle.

"What's wrong?" you asked, amused.

"How do you open this thing?" he mumbled, trying to tear it open.

You gently took the packet from him and showed him how to tear it along the dotted line. He watched with a fascinated smile as you poured the sugar into his coffee.

"Well, that was easier than I thought it would be," Ron said, shaking his head.

"You loosened it," you joked, giving him a warm smile.

Ron reached across the table and took your hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Thanks for today and not thinking... not thinking I'm an idiot."

Your heart fluttered at his sincere expression. "You're no idiot... and I'm happy to help."

And as you spent the rest of the summer introducing Ron to the wonders of your world, you cherished those moments when he looked at you with that special smile – the smile that was secretly telling you he was falling in love with you more and more each day.

Draco Malfoy:

It had taken a lot of convincing to get Draco to visit you and your family. With his upbringing and magical heritage, he had always been against dating a Muggle-born... but after meeting and getting to know you, he couldn't help but fall for you. It didn't stop him from turning up his nose at the non-magical world, though, and Draco remained reserved when you took him to a Muggle zoo for the first time.

As you both walked along the pathways, pointing out various animals and their enclosures, Draco's expression remained mostly impassive. He glanced at the animals with a hint of disdain, clearly unimpressed by creatures that lacked the magic he was accustomed to.

"What's the big deal about these animals?" Draco remarked, his tone dripping with boredom.

You grinned, undeterred by his lackluster response. "Well, they might not be magical, but they're still amazing in their own way."

Draco raised an eyebrow, skepticism evident in his gaze. "Amazing? They look... ordinary."

You chuckled. "Ordinary to us, maybe. But think about it – these creatures have their own unique abilities that allow them to survive in their environments."

Draco crossed his arms, his expression still uninterested. "I fail to see the fascination."

Undeterred, you led him to the penguin enclosure. "Look at these penguins, for example. They might not have magical abilities, but they're incredible swimmers, and they have this adorable waddle on land."

Draco observed your amused expression, his lips twitching slightly. "Adorable waddle, you say?"

You nodded, grinning. "Absolutely. And there's so much to learn about each species – their behaviors, habitats, and even their roles in ecosystems."

Draco sighed, his resistance starting to waver. "I guess."

As you continued to tour the zoo, you pointed out different animals, sharing interesting facts and stories about each one. Draco's skepticism slowly turned into mild interest, even if he tried to hide it behind his trademark expression.

By the time you reached the big cat enclosure, Draco's gaze lingered a little longer on the majestic lions and tigers.

"My word..." He said breathlessly.

You smiled, satisfied with his response. "Impressive, aren't they?"

Draco's face immediately dropped as he cleared his throat, attempting to tear his eyes away from the captivating creatures. "Not at all."