Prologue

Beep

Beep

Beep

The last thing James remembered was the sickening crack noise and then darkness.

James cracks an eye open, only to shut it again almost immediately due to the blinding brightness to the room. Where was he? Why is it so bright?

"James? Are you ok? No, don't talk. I'll go get you a healer."

Was that his dad? Before James could really question anything, his dad came in with a healer. He looks around in confusion. He is definitely at St Mungos, but the question is, why is he here?

"Hello, James. I'm Healer Scammandor. Do you feel any pain. Nod or shake your head." When he shakes his head, Lysander continues. "Do you remember what happened?"

James tries to remember, but he can't. "Water." He whisped out, his voice raw from no use.

"Of course." Lysander helps him sip on some water. "Is that better?" With James' nod, he asks again, "What is the last thing you remember?"

"I-I remember a crack and a fall... Did I fall off my broom?"

"That is correct, James. Can you tell me the date?"

"November 5th, 2022."

Harry's eyes widen, and he covers his mouth. "Oh, James..." He whispered.

"What?"

"James... It's June 21st, 2030." Lysander said softly. "You're going to be 25 this year, not 17."

His eyes widen, and he says, "You're lying."

"Unfortunately, he's not lying." Harry said softly. He sits beside his son and shows him the date. "You are going to be 25 next month, James."

He internally panics, "Where's mom? Why am I here? What fucking happened!?"

"You fell off your broom James, took a bludger to the back of the head and fell 500 feet to the ground. You're lucky to be alive." Lysander said. "You were a professional quidditch player, but I'm sorry... This injury took you out of the league. Between the head injury and the spinal cord injury, you won't be able to fly or possibly walk again."

James' heart stopped. This was all too much to process. He finally had his dream, and now it's crushed!? They have to be lying they just have to be.

Harry slowly stands up and kisses his head gently. "We'll leave you to process this. Call if you need anything."

Out in the hall

Teddy paces back and forth. He hasn't been able to leave James' side since the accident. It's not every day you watch your husband fall nearly to his death. 

"Ted?"

He looks up quickly at the call of his name. "Harry? What happened is he ok?"

Harry's face was solemn, and he says, "he's awake... Don't go in yet, Teddy." He said, noticing Teddy was about to run in.

"What, why? He's my husband!"

"I know that, but he doesn't."

"What do you mean?"

"Ted... He doesn't remember the last eight years. He thinks he's still seventeen."

Teddy leans against the wall, his hair turning every color of the rainbow in only a millisecond. "H-He doesn't remember?"

"No, he doesn't. That means he doesn't remember you two are married. He doesn't remember John or Dora... He doesn't remember any of it."

"O-Oh." Teddy whispered, his heart breaking and a hand going to his stomach. "I still need to see him."

With James

James stares at the wall, trying to figure everything out.

The door opened, and his eyes widened when Teddy Lupin came in. "Oh hey Ted... I see you're older."

"Erm, yeah, I am... Old very old... I'm 32 years old..."

"Why do you sound nervous? I may not have my memory, but I promise I won't bite." He laughed, trying to lighten up the mood. He looks at Teddy's wedding band, and his heart shatters, but he puts on a smile and asks, "So you finally married Vic? Bout time, you two were dating forever."

"Umm... I'm not married to Victorie." He said nervously, running a hand through his hair.

"Then who are you married to?"

Before he could say anything, his annoying little - wait is that really Albus - walks in holding hands with Scorpius Malfoy and holding a little girl easily around two years old and a 7 year old boy next to him.

"Hey James, sorry to eavesdrop, but how did you forget you've been married to Teddy for five years? You've been attached to his hip- ow Scorp." Albus groaned when his husband elbowed him hard.

"Sorry about him, my husband can be very daft." Scorpius said, glaring at Al. "He doesn't remember." He hissed.

"Wait... What? I'm married to Teddy?" James asked with wide eyes. At the small nod from Teddy, James promptly passed out.

It's short and rushed ik... But I'll try to make it better. I haven't written a Jeddy story in years lol. See ya 😊