Chapter 4 ~ 'Brooklyn baby'★

Start from the beginning

it was one of the days where her last lesson was english, sitting right next to Matt. she had been thinking over the past few days, most thoughts running back to him. when he was around her, she felt everything all at once. his touch made her insides roll around and even when he tried to annoy her, she couldn't help but feel drawn to him.

just as he was on her mind again, the lunch bell rang and she left right away, being the first out the door. she didn't want to go to the usual place on the benches, instead she went to the library, it was quiet and she could get some rest. as she entered, Matt was standing near the back bookshelves. shit, what the fuck was he doing in the library.. he wasn't looking in her direction, he was facing the other way but even then the library was small and if he looked around he'd most likely spot her.

she snuck to some seats on the opposite side, the bookshelves merely hiding her. she was tired and really couldn't be bothered to run around. her bag dropped onto the floor as her head dropped on the table. she was exhausted. her break up with erik was so messy that it didn't even feel real, she always knew it would end, she wanted it to but it was still hurting her.

a tap on her shoulder woke her up from a slight daze, "Bella?" It was Matt, of course he had noticed her. "yeah?" her voice was slurred, reflecting the state of her drowsiness as she now completely lifted her head off the table to look at him. "come to the benches, it's really weird without you." matt felt strange with himself after saying that, before he never ever would admit to wanting Bella around. "i'm tired." it was all she said and he left it, he hadn't wanted to annoy her or anything of the sorts so he just left, mumbling a small goodbye. did matt really just say that to her? was she imagining things?

she returned to her dreams, drowning out all the thoughts she had about how Matt made her feel. she must have slept all the way through lunch because when she woke up, the library was completely empty except for few people sorting out shelves. she checked the time: 2:34. shit. she was half an hour late to her lesson, the lesson with Matt. she collected her bag and basically ran into her lesson, thank the fucking lord they had a substitute teacher, otherwise she was sure she'd end up with an after school detention.

the classroom was loud and it already giving her a headache, she really didn't need one. for some reason Matt talking to her in the library made her feel happier? it's just the way he showed that he did care about her through the smallest gestures. "hey." she said, trying to put an effort into being happy. He gave a nod of acknowledgement. there wasn't really any work and so she just sat there, doing nothing but twirling around her bracelets on her wrist. she felt a nudge on her shoulder, Matt was offering her one of his earphones, the gesture made her insides somersault and she took it, "thanks." she whispered, putting them in.

brooklyn baby was playing, she had never suspected Matt to be a Lana boy, it surprised her but she couldn't complain, she's loved lana ever since she discovered they had the same last name, her stage name at least. "you like Lana?" she asked him, "who doesn't?" he replied a perfect reply. his small grin, his eyes, every time he spoke, even if it was hateful, she loved it. She loved it. her eyes widened at the realisation of how she actually felt about Matt.  she just returned to listening to music, trying to push away the thoughts of him, even though he was literally right next to her.

Bella was writing something down on a piece of paper, Matt watched her as she did, she was so pretty. He never realised just how much. it was just the way she did everything, everything was perfect about her, even with messy hair and a tired look. "we're filming a car video, d'you want to join?" She looked up from whatever was written and nodded, a smile stretching across her face. "yeah." she loved the car videos, it was always funny witnessing the arguments and moments, and being part of them herself.