I turn around, now directing myself in Nando's direction. He is already in the worst condition he could be, but I still stop by him, facing his swallowed and narrowed eyes. His amused smile is still placed on his face like the whole situation is just a joke for him. I am not hitting him. He doesn't even deserve my hands on him. I linger my gaze on him with rage and then turn around.

Daniele is right there, smiling at me as he offers me his hand. I take it, let him help me get out of the room, and reach outside the building. I breathe the full fresh night air before closing my eyes and letting out the frustration of the moment I just lived, bursting into tears. The man hugs me, holding me tightly against his chest while I sob in his shirt. «You were wonderful, Enede. You played well, and I am sure Kevin couldn't have done better.»

I chuckle in tears before feeling my phone buzzing. I pick it up, read the name on the screen, and don't hesitate to answer.

«Are you okay? Did he hurt you?» Kevin's urgent voice throbs in my ears.

I smile. «I am fine. Not a scratch,» I reassure him, massaging my neck. «Just a bit shocked.»

«You have no idea how shocked I am,» he tells me. «I thought the worst. Mostly when I understood his plan.»

«I am coming there, okay? I don't want to stay here a second more.»

«Make it quick.»

A man from the army had the duty to drop me back to the hospital, and I asked him to leave me out of the building, not wanting my father to see me coming inside with a gunman. He is already in shock and full of questions. I'd rather avoid other concerns.

The man from the army agreed but stayed outside until I entered the hospital to be sure I was safe. I wave at him once I am behind the glass door, and he smiles at me before driving away. I drop my hand and turn my body to speed in Kevin's room but halt as soon as I see my dad. I start to walk slower and give him a little smile.

«Your neck,» my dad quickly says and reaches me, brushing my skin with his fingers. «What happened?»

I inhale sharply. «I need ten more minutes, and I'll tell you everything. I need to see him.»

My dad's eyes lift on me, giving me a stiff gaze. «He tried more than once to leave the room. I almost called security, but when I threatened him with the sedation he sat down and stayed quiet.»

«Don't hate him, please,» I beg. «I know you think he is the reason for everything, but believe me, it's all because of me. I was the one starting everything. He has no reason to be blamed at.»

«Oh, I know that,» my dad points out. «You're stubborn like me. I am pretty sure whatever you are into is because you put yourself in, and that's why I am mad at you, not at him.»

I huff, shaking my head. «Ten minutes, okay?»

My dad dwells his look at me before stepping aside and letting me walk towards Kevin's room. I take the stairs and then turn the corner before facing his room's door and entering without knocking. It's not even visiting time anymore. There are just a few nurses and doctors. My dad's shift was also over, but he stayed here to check on Kevin. When he sees me, he smiles and pushes back his head in relief.

I close the door behind me and reach the bed, stopping right next to it. «You should've seen his face.»

Kevin bows his brown. «I don't care about his face,» he comments and cocks his hand. «I just care that you're here, safe.»

I take his hand and hold it tight before his gaze drops on my neck, and I put my other hand on it, covering my bruised skin. «It was inevitable,» I speak up. «It is the less hurtful thing he could've done.»