Talking To The Brother

Start from the beginning

"here have a seat." Benji said welcoming and handed me a chair.

I smiled and took a eat.

"So. What did he do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Trust me. This happens a lot. He pretty much ghosts a girl he likes and they end up coming to me."

"Well yeah but-"

"So?"

"He ghosted me."

"Do you know why?"

"Cause I'm dating Jesse? I think."

"Yeah that would do it."

"But will he talk to me again?"

"Give him another day. He will. He can be...."

"Difficult?"

"Yeah. That's the word."

I stood up, "Do you know when Jesse will be back?"

"Probably in a few minutes or so."

"Oh okay. I'd better be going then."

"Alright. It was nice talking Beca."

I nodded and forced a smile. I opened the door and came face to face with the last person I wanted to see.

"Hi." I whispered looking up to see Jacob.

His face was stern but I could tell he felt bad.

He backed up to give me space to pass and I did.

"I'll see you at the radio station." He told me.

I turned to face him with wide eyes.

"Wait what?"

"I'll see you at work tomorrow. You're going right?"

"Oh. Right, yeah."

I heard the door close and kept walking. Before I could get back to my room a recognizable voice called my name.

"Beca!"

Two hands were placed on my shoulder and they spun me around.

"Oh, hey Jesse."

He leant in and kissed me lightly. Something in my stomach opened. A pit. It didn't fell good. It felt wrong.

"I have to go."

"Oh okay. Well do you want to go out later this week?" Jesse asked sounding confused.

"Uh, yeah. Maybe. Text me."

I walked away fast and closed the door to my room before leaving against it and sighing in relief.

'Two guys? What the hell are you thinking Beca?' I asked myself.

* * *

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. The 2012 southeastern regional competition has officially begun." 

"Yes, I'm Gail Abernathy McCadd,and to my right is fellow a cappella alum John Smith and we are live from Carolina University." 

"It's a new season for a cappella. The regionals begin the long road to Lincoln Center where all of these youngsters hope to one day win a trophy by making music with their mouths." Gail continued speaking.

"And the Sockappellas, once again proving that it doesn't get better for everyone after high school." John said.

"Let's give it up for the Barden Bellas!" The announcer exclaimed as the Bellas walked on stage.