𝟖𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

My heart ached seeing his wounds, but we both hold them.

"Hmmm.....I know," he murmurs lowly, with a hint of endearment lacing in his tired voice. "I will be out shortly, you just rest, please?"

For a few seconds of hesitating to leave, I soon push myself up, "Okay my love," and pressed a kiss to his temple and made my way out to the bed. Glancing back over my shoulder to meet his soft gaze, I close the door before heading over. The light was dim and a soft glow, that made it more cozy and warm inside. Lying back into bed I rest against the headboard, and took my sketch book out again and began to sketch small little random drawings. 

Being so consumed with worry and concern for Levi, I didn't realise he was finished as the door creaks open.

My eyes lift up to see him dressed with only comfortable pants, that rests comfortably around his defined waist. He was ruffling his wet hair dry with the towel, tousling it as it hung over his eyes with small cute waves. Soon my eyes trail down his exposed upperhalf seeing his scars again, but they were old ones I tended too over the years we spent. Slowly he throws the towel neatly over a chair, and rakes his fingers through his tousled fluffy hair.

"Ready to talk?" while my eyes trace over his defined muscles, that glistens with droplets of water. 

He grew suddenly hesitant, as if something caught in his throat for a moment. "I'm alright......"

My hand scrunched the sheets in my grasp, knuckles turning white with frustration as I wanted to pry for him to tell me. Yet, I didn't have the heart to push him further, than he already has been through.

No........I love him, and I must get through to him and hope for the best....

He sits at the edge of the bed as the mattress dips beneath his weight, his back to me with a heavy sigh drawing from his lips. Crawling to his side my hands tenderly drift from his back to his right shoulder, while I sat pressed against his left side. Pressing a soft kiss to his shoulder, I lean against him with some warmth and comfort. Not knowing what is going on in his head, I still wanted him to at least know I'm here.

"Something we can't discuss together, or is it other reason--"

"Akira......"

His voice grew more stern, with gravity in his tone that left a small chill to run up my spine. My hand lingers on his heart side of his toned chest, my eyes look at him from his side profile.

His breath grew shaky for a moment, his eyes sliced to mine "........I'm not the best when it comes to romantic gestures, or I may not give you enough attention than what you should deserve......but I do know one thing....." he placed his large hand over mine, holding it delicately over his heart, as if this conversation has changed. Emotionally. ".......that you have never given up on me, the person I am today........is because of you...."

His words hung in the air, while my eyes widen with surprise with his sudden declaration.

He scratches his cheek a little averting his gaze from mine, ".....we've been through shit together, fighting against more than one foe to the next....but you kept going no matter how bloody it's gotten," He continues, his voice softening with every word that leaves his lips. His hoarse voice cracks, before he clears it smoothly. "......and it makes me fall more deeper for you, and a child on the way? I want nothing more to commit my life to you...."

"Levi?"

He turns fully around before taking both my hands, feeling his rough palms graze my softer ones. "We both are like raging storms, but..........when we're together it's like a tranquility I never felt before........I found my peace in you, Akira."