𝟖𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

Levi made himself comfortable beside me, pulling a wooden chair beside me and grabbed his tea as we spoke to each other for some time. His voice was quiet, yet so soft, mellow and warm that I could listen to his voice all day. There were no concerns, no quarrels, no titans, no violence, no political matters to discuss......It was just us two, as a couple, lovers just having a decent conversation between ourselves.

Soon he takes my cup and placed it on the tray, and pressed a soft kiss to my temple whispering to take it easy. Watching him walk out of the room, all I could do was smile as the door clicks shut behind. 

*

SCOUTS QUARTERS

Resting against the headboard of the bed, after a warm shower and a warm health meal, I was sketching some flowers that were my favourite. One in particular, was a rose that stood out the most in the centre of the flowers. The different hues of grey toned the sketches, as the pencil gravels against the rustic coloured paper.

Adding small details to the rose, I sharply place small spiky thorns along the rough stem.

My head however was somewhere elsewhere, finding myself sinking further dwelling on Levi's health. He's been working himself so much, we barely spent time except the rare visit in the office or we pass by in the hallways. Yet, when he has a scowl on his face, it smoothly softens when his eyes fall upon me. I've always been concerned, but he tends to keep things to himself and sometimes it even irritated me.

The sound of the door creaks open, before closing as my eyes flicker up to see Levi walk in slipping his boots off, neatly leaning them against the wall.

My eyebrows furrow, "Everything alright?" my questioning lingering in the air.

The air grew heavier noticing his eyes meet mine for a split second, seeing his gaze soften. "Yeah, I'm just....gonna have a bath...." he trails off, his voice grew hoarse and gravelly. "....Won't....." he heavily sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose before raking his locks back for a moment. "....won't be long, m'kay?"

Soon he enters the en suite without another word, leaving me sitting there disconcerted and bothered for him as he didn't seem like this earlier today with the way he trudged in.

Hearing the bath being run all I could do was tap my pencil against my book, my eyes flickering around with my mind not even focusing on my sketch. My eyes linger to the door where he just walked into, before I sigh deeply reluctantly standing up and making my way over. With a gentle timid knock, I hear a grunt follow after.

"Hey, it's just me......" I softly spoke, not hearing a reply I know he's already undressed and soaking in the water. Slowly I open the door, I was greeted with a heavy warmth of steam covering the room like a blanket. Carefully walking over, I knelt beside the bathtub and rested my elbows comfortably, hearing the water sway against the walls of the tub.

"Did something happen, after you visited me?"

He remains quiet while his eyes stare into nothing, like he was choosing and considering his next words. Reaching up I brush a few strands away from his hair, but he clutches my wrist in his damp grip. Without another second he sighs, before lowering my wrist drawing smooth wet circles against my palm.

"I'm fine........just been in deep thought," he dismisses my concern, but hated to reveal a side of vulnerability for a moment. His eyes flicker down to meet my tender gaze, "Don't worry about it, it's fine......just a stressful day. If you stress over me, it won't be healthy for our child...." his eyes trail down to my abdomen, that wasn't as noticeable currently as it's been a month and two weeks.

Chuckling with a light scoff, "I won't stress much, but I do want to help in anyway for you," assuring him, when he presses a soft kiss to my knuckles. One by one, his lips caress my knuckles for a while, savouring the small moment. My eyes were soon trailing along his muscular chest and shoulders, scars littering across his pale flesh with red and blue blemishes from previous heavy wounds.