Khushi looked at the girl who was looking at her without blinking.

"Are you all right?" Khushi asked her.

The girl nodded yes and was about to say something, she stopped hearing the horse's hoof sound. Two Chevaliers came there on the horses. One among them gestured to another one and he followed the spearman who fought with Khushi. The second one jumped off the horse.

Khushi lost herself, seeing the man. She had never seen such a sculptured face in her life. The way he stood next to the horse looked Martial. Though he was wearing a simple dress he looked Majestic. There was a long sword tied to his hip belt.

The way she studied him made him embarrassed.

"What happening here?" the man asked.

His question brought Khushi back to the sense. She looked at the girl who was hesitating to speak. Khushi was about to say something to the man, the girl pressed her hand and nodded no. That amazed Khushi.

"Nothing... nothing happened..." the girl stammered.

Khushi looked that her disappointedly. Why this girl didn't say anything to the man? What could be the reason? Who was this man? Something was absolutely wrong with this man. Khushi supposed.

But both the girls didn't know the man was keenly observing their expressions and gestures.

"May I know who are you? You are not looking like a Mauryan" the man asked Khushi who was wearing a different attire.

Khushi's mind worked fast. She understood why he asked this question. Anyone could easily understand she didn't belong to the country. What would she say? Was she a Time Traveler? Who would believe her? Would it be that easy to explain the time travel concept to these ancient people? She made up herself.

"I am a foreigner"

"But you talk Prakrit language fluently..."

"There is a Prakrit teacher in our country. I learned it from him"

"Why did you come here?"

"I have heard many things about this country. So, I came to visit it."

"Which country do you belong to?"

Khushi got stuck. Which county?

"I am from Chhattisgarh..." she said, as Chhattisgarh state was recently added into India.

"Chhattisgarh? Where is that located? I have not heard the name ever before..."

"It's next to the Himalayas..."

"Himalayas? You mean the mountain with snow carpet?" there was an eagerness in his eyes.

"Exactly..."

"How did you cross the mountain?"

"I came through Khyber Pass"

"With whom did you come?"

"I came alone"

"Alone?" he lifted his brows.

She nodded yes.

"Did you come to our country crossing the Himalayas all alone?"

"Yes..."

The man looked at her unbelievably.

"By the way, may I know who are you? Because you are asking me a lot of questions" Khushi asked him.

"He looks like a Warrior"

The girl who was listening to them whispered to Khushi.

Khushi looked at her excitedly.

"That means he could reach your government authorities, right?"