just a feeling

Mulai dari awal

Parker's interest seemed pricked and he turned to her.

"You're finally going to build yourself a bookshelf?"

"Yes," she nodded.

Parker liked to get his hands dirty, fixing and repairing furniture. If she could convince him to take her out of the house, then she could make a run for it at the store and head to the bar.

"I'm proud of you, Kate" he said and turned back to the TV.

"So? Are you taking me?"

"Of course not"

"C'mon Par"

"Don't call me Par. You're ruining my reputation"

"Then take me to the store"

"No. You're going to run away"

"I won't, promise"

He turned to her and she gave him the most convincing look she could muster, eyes pleading, lips quivering.

"You promise?" He asked again to confirm.

"I promise" She crossed her hands over her chest.

"Fine" He stood up and grabbed the keys she earlier dropped.

Sometimes, it was just so easy.

"You brought your car right?" Kate asked casually, in a bid to hide her excitement.

"I don't go anywhere without my baby, Kate"

Parker locked up and held her as they walked to his car. He could try to cage her all he wanted but she was still going to escape from him, one way or the other.

They stopped by at a Macdonald's drive-in for some food before heading to the store.

"So you'll wait in the car while I get my stuff?" Kate asked when they got to the store.

Parker chuckled and shook his head as he got down from the car.

"A simple 'no' would have been nice," she said with an eye roll and got down too.

Parker was busy with picking up materials for the shelf and all Kate could think about was how to escape. She noticed a few girls around staring at Parker while he acted not to notice.

Pretentious peacock.

"Hey, Par?"

"What?" He looked absorbed in the build-it-yourself shelf boxes on display but Kate knew better.

"Those girls are staring at you" She nodded in the girls' direction.

"So?"

"I'm just saying" She shrugged and grabbed a pack of rusty-looking nails. "They look pretty interested"

"Sure, Kate. If this is your plan to run away, it's not going to work"

Eye-roll.

"I already said I wasn't going to run away. You just look like you need to get laid"

"It shows?"

Disgusting.

"And that's my cue to stop talking"

Parker laughed and looked over at the girls. One of them was giving him a look that made Kate want to pluck the girl's eyes out. But right now, that look was just what she needed for Parker to leave.

"Alright, I'll be right back"

Kate smirked as she watched him walk over to the girls. She acted to be into the wood shopping for a few minutes since Parker was still looking over at her now and then. When she noticed he was completely absorbed with the girls, she made a run for it by sneaking out through the back door of the store. She had managed to snag Parker's keys while he wasn't looking so she got into his car and drove off to the bar.