Prologue

There was a time when Faes and mortals coexisted in harmony. Where unity was above all. Mortals helped Faes with emotions and rapid inventions. The Faes, in return, help the mortals with construction. Such as building houses on land, and new types of agriculture and healing products. It was a balance in which both Faes and mortals would need to depend on each other.
The harmony between the two kinds has been at peace for many centuries. As long as the Fae keep their magyk to themselves.
To ensure that the peace is balanced, Gods created spaces. These two spaces are called Lunaria and Solaria. Lunaria is where the Fae live, and Solaria is where the mortals live.
The spaces make sure that no mortal lay a hand on Fae magyk, as any mortal who has Fae magyk could disrupt the balance between both worlds.
To keep greed from spreading, the Faes balanced their magyk to seven types of elements. Each element represents a different type of magyk.
As time progressed, the Fae agreed to keep their elemental magyk in different areas in Lunaria. These areas soon became known as Courts. Each court holds Fae which represents a singular type of magyk. Magyk, such as Lorem, Inferi, Aquem, Zephyr, Uyuk, Halvoc, and Poe.
But after so many centuries, greed is bound to tip the scales of peace. One peculiar Fae had a darkness that overtook their heart with greed for power.
This Fae is the High Lord of Shadows. He was in a rage about how history did not plan the balance of magyk to his liking. He disliked that mortals can use Fae for better inventions. The High Lord of Shadows wanted the Fae to be the superior beings. He believed that mortals should bow to his feet. He believed that mortals should never get along with Fae. That Fae should keep their magyk and creativity to themselves.
To change the scales of peace, the Lord of the Shadows Court met a witch by chance, but witches are never to be trusted.
Witches are creatures who love trickery and riddles. They don't associate with the Fae of mortals, but if one comes to them, the Witches will gladly accept any request–as long as there is payment.
With the Dark Lord's determination, he accepted the consequences, and asked a Witch if he would get what he most desired. The witch accepts his payment, and told a prophecy:
One's birth is when a crow's call
A child of thy light and death
Will challenge the shadows within their fall
The earth will tremble at one's last breath
Yet hear thy warning, as thy bones weep
Two souls broken to one's heart keep.

The witch told the Dark Lord of a prophecy where a child would be born of all elements combined. The child will bring great destruction to his plan. To succeed in having all power to himself, he would need to kill the child by drinking their blood.
Thus the Dark Lord waited and waited. He was plotting a plan to rule Lunaria. He has hated the mortals. Betrayed by a mortal that he thought he loved. All it took was a single betrayal for the Dark Lord to turn his back on the world. His mind was filled with revenge and hatred. Nobody, not even his sister could stop him.
Finally, after what seemed to be millennia of waiting, his sister fell pregnant with an unknown male. A fateful encounter, many would say. This rumor piqued the Dark Lord's interest, and he visited his sister in her home, the Sol Court, where Fae who wield Lumos magyk live.
At the birth of the child, a symbol is printon the baby's wrist. Eight crows etched in dark ink lay upon the baby's shoulder. An omen of death.
As the child's first cry touches the Dark Lord's ears, a redoubtable aura surrounds the baby, instantly making the Dark Lord afraid of what is to come.
Immediately, the Dark Lord knew that this child was the one who would revoke his plans to rule Lunaria. His own niece would be the death of his plans.
Furious, the Dark Lord returns to his court and starts preparing for war. He conjured thousands of Shadows. Shadows that lurk anywhere as long as there is darkness. Shadows that take no damage unless it's from Lumos magyk or a magyk that is far more ancient than the magyk of shadows.
Knowing that Lumos magyk is the only element that could damage the shadows known, the Dark Lord sends his Shadows to his sister's land—eventually massacring the entire race of Lumos fae.
The Dark Lord's sister fled the Sol Court before the Shadows could find her. The Lady of the Sol Court eventually got surrounded by Shadows at the entrance of the Solaria cave, which is the portal to cross worlds between Faes and mortals. 
The Dark Lord was in a rage at his sister. In rage for not agreeing with him. That she did not see how much power and rule she could have by his side. The Dark Lord did not understand why his sister would rather save her child. The Dark Lord did not understand why she did not want more power.
The Lady of the Sol Court loved her child, no matter if her baby brought death to her people. She never regretted her decision to create a child, even if she knew the consequences.
To save her child, the Lady of the Sol Court blinds the Shadows and the Dark Lord, then blesses her child with powerful glamour. Glamour that would at least hide her child in every generation that is to come. She then sends the child to Solaria, someplace where she knows her brother will never find the child–until Lady of the Sol Court's magyk is weakened.
The Lady of the Sol Court sacrifices her final breath to seal the child's magyk so it would be impossible to track her baby. Ensuring that her lover and herself would protect their child even in the afterlife.
Then, the Dark Lord kills his sister with his Shadows. Engulfing her in darkness. Her soul shattered upon the moonlight. With one last breath, the Lumos Summoner's mother's eyes never saw the light again.
After the Dark Lord kills his sister, he began to attack the other courts as well, ensuring that no other magyk would defy his. The rest of the elemental courts are subjected to rule under his judgment. The Dark Lord eventually extended his judgment to all over the mortal lands as well. The Dark Lord ensured that the mortals would live a miserable life until the child has been found and killed. 
Since the Dark Lord's ruling fell to Solaria, the more the balance of Fae and mortals tipped, the harsher and crueler the Faes were to mortals. Eventually, Faes began to enslave mortals and kill them for fun. It has been over nine thousand years of unbalanced peace.
Until the last crow sings.