Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

I just stare at him as he stares into my eyes with so much sincerity. His eyes are pleading for me to trust him. To see that not all humans are bad. I know that Tanjiro isn't a bad person. But, will there be others who'd accept me for who I am? Will it be possible for me to live peacefully?

-You... Care For Me?-

Y/N P.O.V

"Why are you so persistent to prove to me that not all humans are bad?" I asked, staring at him with my eyebrows furrowed. He bit his lips as he stays silent for a while. His hand is still holding mine.

"Because I care for you, Y/N-San. And I don't want you to have doubts on me... or other people. I want you to see that there are people who'd accept who you are, and not what you are..." he said.

"You... care for me?" I said. He smiles and nods his head at what I said. I smile softly at him. I look down and turn my head to look forward. "But do you really believe that there will be people who'd welcome me, even though I'm a half-demon?" I asked.

"Of course, Y/N-San. I mean... don't Kanroji-San cares about you?" He said. My mind drift off to the pink to green haired girl. How she always smiled whenever she sees me.

"I guess you're right, Tanjiro... maybe there's still some hope for me" I said. I He smiles and nods his head. I let out a sigh and shake my head. "But to believe that the others would welcome me. Especially Shinazugawa-San. I'm sorry, but... that's just too good to be true for me. Especially after I've basically ruined Rengoku's life" I said.

"I understand why you feel that way. After all the things you've been through that you've told me... but trust me, Y/N-San, he doesn't blame you. He's thankful that you saved his life" he said. I stare at him in surprise.

"He... said that to you?" I asked. He smiles brightly and nods his head. I feel a sense of relieved spreading through my chest, knowing that Rengoku-San didn't blame me for what I had done to him.

He stands up and offers his hand to me. "Let's head back. Kanroji-San and Rengoku-San are both worried about you" he said. I stare at his hand for a few seconds. I turn to look at him as he smiles at me. I let out a sigh and grab his hand, allowing him to pull me up to my feet. "Oh, and before we head back... there's something else I want to tell you" he said.

"What is it?" I asked, tilting my head a little. He bit his lips as he opens his mouth, but no words comes out. He let out a groan and hits his face. "What are you doing?" I asked, confused by his action.

"Why is it so hard to say it..." he said. I stare at him in confusion. He turn his head to look at me. "Please don't be mad, okay?" He said. I just nod my head at what he said. He steps closer to me, making me feel nervous. I unconsciously starts to walk backwards as he keeps coming closer.

After a few more steps, I realize I can't back away any further. I turn my head slightly to see a tree behind me. I turn to look at Tanjiro, who's right in front of me. "Don't be mad, Y/N-San..." he said, in a soft voice. I hold my breath as he keeps coming closer. I close my eyes tightly.

I feel a soft pressure against my lips. My eyes shot open, only to see Tanjiro's closed eyes. I slowly close my eyes as I kisses him back, gently wrapping my arms around his neck.

He pulls away and leans his forehead against mine. "That is what I'm trying to say... it's hard to say it with words. So, I did it... please don't be mad" he said. I blink my eyes at his words, still trying to process what just happened. He stares at me nervously. I blink my eyes and slowly lift my hands. I gently cup his cheeks.

"Tanjiro, I... I feel the same way for you. But..." I said. He tilt his head to the sight, wondering what I want to say. "I don't think I deserve it. I'm a monster, Tanjiro" I said. He frowns at what I said.

"Have you killed a human?" He asked. I shake my head at what he said. "Have you ever ate a human?" He asked again. I furrow my eyebrow at what he said.

"No... of course not. I wouldn't even imagined it..." I said. He smiles brightly at what I said. He lift his hand, gently cupping the side of my cheek. He caressed my skin softly.

"Then you're not a monster" he said. My eyes glisten at what he said. I place my forehead on his shoulder at what he said. He wrap his arms around me.

"Even though I've hurt humans before?" I said. I feel his hand gently running through my hair. Tears starts to swell up in my eyes. I pull away to look at him. He smile softly at me.

"So what if you hurt a human before? I've done the same. But it doesn't change anything" he said. I frown a what he said. I open my mouth to say something, but he places his finger against my lips to shut me up. "Yeah, I know. You are born a half-demon. But so what? You've protected a lot of humans..." he said.

"Tanjiro... thank you" I said. I wrap my arms around his torso. I lean my head against his chest. He tighten his arms around me, placing his chin on top of my head. I feel so save to be in his arms, and it makes me feel calm.

"Will you, Y/N-San... give me a chance?" He asked after we hugged for a while. I pull away to look at him. He stay silent, staring at me expectantly. "Please?" He said.

"Okay..." I said, nodding my head. His eyes lit up at this. He throws his arms around me. I yelped at his sudden act. I blink my eyes as I start to smile softly to myself. I wrap my arms around his neck. He buries his face in the crook of my neck.

"Thank you, Y/N-San... you have no idea how happy I am right now..." he said, pulling away to look at me. I just smile at what he said. He lift his hands, cupping my cheeks. "I promise I'll always be there for you. Even if people hated on you... I'll be the one person who will treasure you" he said. I nod my head at what he said.

He leans down, gently placing a soft kiss on my forehead. I just close my eyes as he let his lips linger against my skin. I have agreed to let Tanjiro have my heart. I hope that I won't regret this decision. I hope that he'd keep his promise and won't ever leave me behind.

*to be continued*