"Julie." Conrad interrupted. Juliette stopped him quickly, "Never-mind. Forget I said anything."

She chuckled weakly, her light eyes still admiring the small specks of light above her, "I learned something kinda cool."

"Tell me." Conrad nearly begged, his breathing shallow.

"Did you know that Venus is an evening star for two hundred and sixty three days out of the year?" Juliette grinned from ear to ear, tilting her head up as her eyes traced the smaller speck, "And then it disappears from the sky for fifty days before returning as a morning star for another two hundred and sixty three days."

"I did not know that." He hummed almost like a little kid. "That is very cool."

Juliette let out a deep sigh, "And right now it's an evening star. It's really bright next to the moon. I'm actually looking at it right now." Her eyes fell from the sky to her side, just air breezing past her, "Con. It's-it's probably against the rules to say this, but, um, I wish we were looking at it together."

Conrad grinned as he stared up at the same star, too, he sniffled, "Me too. And, Julie?"

"Yes, Conrad?" She asked, his silence torture as she never felt so antsy in her life, shifting her feet back and forth.

"I couldn't be with someone who didn't make me feel electric either." The words left his lips and hit her hard, she shut her eyes, her cheeks hurting from how much she had been smiling just from a twenty minute phone call.

She opened her eyes, staring at the backside of Cory as he had taken his place on a swing, she dropped the can of sprite back into the makeshift cooler and she wondered over towards him, clearing her throat so she didn't startle him, "Hey."

He turned over his shoulder, seeming to recognize her voice, "Hey, Kennedy."

"Hey, long time no see, huh?" She joked, rolling her palms down her jeans, dusting off dirt from Stevens failed stage dive.

"Yeah. No, I know, it's been ages, right?" Cory added, the two sharing laughter. Juliette leaned onto the swing, tucking her hair behind her ear, "Um, is this taken?"

Cory turned his head, looking between her and the swing before shaking his head. "Uh, no, no. Go right ahead."

Juliette sat on the swing, rocking her heels back and forth, the air blowing on her face making her hum, she glanced up at the sky, smiling to herself, "I wonder if Venus is a morning star or an evening star tonight."

"I think Venus is a planet." Cory chuckled, his attempt to outsmart her only made her feel stupider. She parted her lips.

"No, actually, ancient astronomers, um..." She began, turning towards him but seeing how uninterested he was, she stopped. He wasn't Conrad. "You know what? Never mind. It's dumb." She continued to rock back and forth. "You know, you can hardly see any stars
this close to the city anyway. There's a lot more by the beach." She reminisced. "I used to spend every summer at this beach in Massachusetts."

Cory flashed her a closed-lip smile. She suddenly wished she hadn't come over. "Hmm. Are you going this summer?"

"Uh, no. No, I'm not." She laughed weakly. It felt wrong to say no. All of this felt wrong, she rested her temple on the cold, rusted metal of the swing.