f o u r t e e n

✰✰✰

"You, you did this. You know how delicate he is." Eddie's mother shouts at all of us as she points her finger at us.

"We were attacked, M-m-mrs. K." Bill says in defense. "Don't. Don't try and blame anyone else." She replies back.

She then drops her keys, and Beverly insists on grabbing the keys for her to be nice. "No! Back!" She shouts at her. "Oh, I've heard of you, miss marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son." She says. I give her a look.

"Mrs. K, I s-s-" Bill starts. "No! You all are monsters!" She shouts. "He is done with you! Hear me? Done!"

She then gets into the car. I can see Eddie through the window. I can see he is on the verge of tears. As the car drives away, we follow it, then stop.

Bill turns to us. "I saw it. I saw the well. W-w-we know where it is, and next time, we will be better prepared." Bill states. "No! No next time, Bill! You're insane!" Stan shouts. "Why? We all know nobody else is gonna do anything." Beverly replied.

"Eddie was nearly killed, and look at this motherfucker. He's leaking hamburger helper!" Richie shouts.

"We can't just pretend it's gonna go away. Ben, you said it yourself. It comes back every 27 years." Beverly said.

"Fine, and I'll be forty and far away from here. I thought you said you wanted to get away from this town, too?" Ben replied.

"Because I wanna run towards something. Not away." Beverly states.

"I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie asked. I roll my eyes as Beverly flips him off.

"Richie -" Stan starts. "I'm just saying let's face facts. Real world. Georgie is dead. Stop trying to get us killed, too." Richie says. Richie begins to walk away, but then Bill stops him. "Georgie's not dead!" Bill shouts. "You couldn't save him, but you can still save yourelf." Richie replies. "No, take it back! You're scared, and we all are just take it back!" Bill shouts as he shoves Richie. Richie then shoves him back. As soon as I know it, Bill punched Richie in the face, which made him fall to the ground.

"Bill!" Me and Beverly shout in unison.

"You're just a bunch of losers! Fuck off!" Richie shouts as me, Mike, and Stan hold him back.

"You're just a bunch of losers, and you're gonna get yourself killed trying to catch the stupid clown!" Richie shouts.

"Fucking stop!" Beverly shouts to break the fight. We then let go of Richie. "This is what it wants. It wants to divide us. We were all together when we heard it. That's why we're still alive." Beverly states.

"Yeah, and I'd like to keep it that way." Richie replies. He walks away and shoves past Bill's shoulder. Stan also begins to walk away. "Mike -" Beverly starts. "Guys, I can't do this. My grandad was right. I'm an outsider. Gotta stay that way." He says, then walks off. "I'm sorry, but I have to go." I say with a frown. "Marcie, wait." Beverly says. I just ignore her.

I grab my bike and ride off.