The New Student

Sakusa Kiyoomi was just like any other bastion at Reaperion Academy.

He'd been brought to Cracia's Range at the tender age of thirteen when the war had worsened, and he'd been there ever since.

Kiyoomi was tall and broad with muscle due to all of the rigorous training. His skin was pale and dotted with moles, including two perfectly-aligned moles above his right eyebrow. His hair was jet-black, a messy mop of curls that he lazily gelled to the side to keep out of his eyes, which were a green so dark they could be considered black. His sharp features and glare could cut down anyone he deemed unnecessary to speak to.

Kiyoomi was one of the top bastions at the academy. His aptitude for shadow-based offensive and defensive magic was high and that led him to the top of his class.

The thing about Reaperion Academy was that the bastions were not classed by age, but by power and skill levels. Thus, Kiyoomi was placed in the top-set class. There weren't many that could rival him, aside from another bastion by the name of Miya Osamu.

Osamu was also tall – slightly shorter than Kiyoomi, but just as muscular. He had dark ashy black hair and tanned skin. His eyes were a cold silvery-blue set into strong features. They were similar in the way they behaved with the added factor that Osamu was a bit calmer than Kiyoomi and less worried about cleanliness.

Osamu had a high aptitude for the defensive water-based magic, and the two of them were always competing. They weren't in the same class exactly as there were two top-set classes, but while Kiyoomi was the top of his class, Osamu was the top of his as well.

The two top-set classes were always paired together with field work and battle-training, thus Osamu and Kiyoomi were always trying to one-up one another.

This went on for years, up until they had both turned eighteen, but that was when something happened that changed both of their lives.

One day, Osamu was called out of battle training mid-mock-battle with Kiyoomi. When Osamu came back, he looked lost. No one else but Kiyoomi noticed it though - from five years of constant competition, Kiyoomi could practically read Osamu like a book.

"Hey, Miya," Kiyoomi had called once Osamu returned to the training grounds, "What was that about?" He'd asked.

Osamu had only shaken his head, "It's nothin'," he'd dismissed before saying ominously, "Ya'll find out soon enough."

That was one week ago, and, even with Kiyoomi's constant pestering, Osamu hadn't told him anything. Apparently, Osamu hadn't told anyone anything, not even his boyfriend Suna Rintarou, or their best friend - and coincidentally Kiyoomi's cousin – Komori Motoya, and his boyfriend, Akagi Michinari.

When Kiyoomi reported to homeroom on Monday morning, his teacher, Kita Shinsuke, informed them of something that thrust the whole class into confusion.

"Class, today we will be havin' an assembly with the rest of the school to welcome a new student into our class," he announced, "I haven't had the chance to meet him yet, but I expect ya all to make him feel welcomed."

The room was filled with whispers. Even Kiyoomi couldn't wrap his head around this one. Their school didn't simply just get new bastions - the bastions that were there were the most powerful in history and the foreseeable future because of the war.

New students were completely unheard of at Reaperion Academy. Still, Kita led them to the assembly hall while ignoring all their questions. The rest of the school was already in the hall, standing in their classes.

Kiyoomi took his place next to Osamu at the front of his class' line, "Do you know what's happening?" He asked.

"We're gettin' a new student," Osamu answered, short and clipped.

Kiyoomi paused at the tone of Osamu's voice and turned to look at him, "What's with that tone, dude?" He questioned.

Before Osamu could answer, the principal, Sawamura Daichi, walked onto the stage and addressed the students, "Bastions! On this fine morning, I am proud to announce that a new student will be joining our family here at Reaperion Academy."

The hall erupted into whispers, and Daichi held up his hand to silence everyone. The hall fell into silence and the principal smiled.

"I know that this seems like a surprise, but please welcome him," he said before he went into the weekly announcements.

They all filed out of the hall once the assembly was over. Kita led them back to the classroom and Kiyoomi caught a glimpse of a familiar face.

It was Meian Shugo, also known as the commander of the special forces unit in the war.

Meian was way taller than Kiyoomi and even more muscled. His tan arms were tattered with scars from the countless battles he'd been through. His greenish-grey eyes were kind and his dark hair was always slicked back.

Kiyoomi knew Meian because it had been Meian who retrieved him and his cousin, Motoya, from their school in Itachiyama Capitol and brought them to the academy.

Meian seemed to be talking to someone, but before Kiyoomi could look, Kita stepped in front of him and gestured towards the door.

"Inside, Sakusa-kun," he directed firmly, leading Kiyoomi to sigh and enter the classroom.

Once Kiyoomi took his seat, Kita entered the classroom with Meian right behind him.

"Alright, class, I'm sure most of you already know, but this is Commander Meian of the special forces regime," he introduced, and Meian smiled at the class.

"Thank ya, Kita-san. Mornin', bastions of class A1," Meian grinned, "I'm here to introduce yer new classmate," he informed before he turned towards the door, "Ya can come in."

It was as if a ghost entered the classroom. The boy stepped into the classroom so quietly that, if he hadn't been looking at him, Kiyoomi wouldn't have even realized that he'd come in.

The took his place next to Meian, fully turning towards the class, and Kiyoomi nearly choked on the breath that caught in his throat.

Meian grinned at the boy before addressing the class with a smile once again, "Everyone, I'd like ya to meet Miya Atsumu."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

😛

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -