Chapter 1 - Is Love Real?

(y/n's POV)

I've never had a boyfriend before. Every guy I ask rejects me. I've never even kissed a guy before. I wish guys would like me. I guess I'm just being too desperate.

I'm working in the café with one of my colleagues, Rachel. She's 16 - about 4 years younger than me. She keeps talking about how she's on this dating app, Tinder. I sigh. I tell her, "I wish I was that lucky with love." Rachel looks at me with a straight face. She says, "If you're scared of not finding love, you might give up. You can't find your soulmate if you aren't looking."

I continue, "But everyone else is off getting married and having kids and stuff." She replies, "Not everyone. Surely there are some boys that feel the same way." I sigh. I don't think Rachel is right. But I'll give it a try. That's what I've been saying my entire life.

(Rachel's POV)

I'm getting a little bit tired of telling (y/n) that she won't find her true love if she's not going out there. I'm trying to help, but maybe I need to set her up with someone.

I bet I could convince her to get Tinder. I'll have to try anything I can to help. She's not just a coworker, she's a friend - one that needs a confidence boost...

I mean, I like the coffee industry, but I'm thinking about starting my own business. I don't enjoy being bossed around by others. I like my independence.

Some friends at school say that I'm weird being friends with someone 4 years older than me, but I enjoy the presence of older people. They've lived longer than I have, so they're wise and stuff.

I wonder how I can convince (y/n) to get Tinder...

Sorry this was a short chapter, it's kinda just introducing you to the plot. Don't worry, folks. Brew is entering the story soon. Not in the next chapter, though. In like a few chapters.