( 3k reads bonus! ) " alternative universe. " | twenty - six

Start from the beginning

You had to just bare it, and continue onward. You were only a few minutes away from the school, surely you can walk a few minutes.. right? Still, it felt as if the bottom of your feet were burning, it was still so hard to walk.

You didn't care, you didn't care how long you had left, you didn't care how painfully hard it was to do easy everyday tasks, you had to live on until you succumbed. As you continued to walk, step by step, you saw the pair in the distance. It was Xiao and Lumine.

You felt like going under a rock and never getting out again. You couldn't show the two how weak you felt, you had to pretend. The pair just talked, and held hands, as if they were a couple.

No, they never ever announced if they were a couple or not. They never made it official, yet.. it always seemed like they did. Xiao acted different around Lumine, like a boyfriend.

Still, despite you hating it so much, you still had to bare it, along with your feelings for Xiao, and your hanahaki. You had quickly put on a mask, as you tried your hardest to avoid the two.

As you were about to enter the school, she had spotted you. " Y/N! Over here! " Lumine yelled. You wanted to just push her away, and curse at her, but of course.. you were too weak to even do that.

You simply just ignored her, and continued onward.

As you silently made your way to class, there they were again. They were just talking to eachother, however, you tried to simply ignore it. It felt like it was getting harder, and harder to ignore the two, but you had no choice.

You didn't want them knowing you had hanahaki, they would bombard you with questions, and they would feel terrible. You had to try my hardest to keep this a secret from everyone.

Still, it was quite difficult hiding your hanahaki, you always had to pretend you had some side effects from some disease, or from a cold. You also always had to wear a mask, just in case you couldn't cover your mouth in time.

As you sat down, you hung your bag on your chair. Afterwards, you simply stayed silent, as you coughed, and coughed. You felt like flower petals were already filling your mask to the brim, so before class began, you ran to the washroom.

There, you ran into a stall, and removed your mask. Immediately, many flower petals plopped into the toilet bowl, as they kept coming, and coming. Soon, it was as if you felt like.. throwing up.

You.. threw up, many flower petals also coming out with it. To be honest, it was quite disgusting. As your mouth continued to.. hover over the toilet bowl, blood came out. It wasn't just a little, like before, but a lot more. The amount of blood that came out of your mouth could fill a small glass.

Again, you just froze in horror. Your hanahaki was getting worse, and quickly too.

You took in a deep breath, as you wiped your mouth with your sleeve, and flushed the toilet. Afterwards, you put your mask on, before coming out of the stall. Girls turned to you, as their eyes widened.

You didn't know what gotten into them, you were confused. You just walked over to the sink, and washed your hands. As you looked up to look at your reflection. All you saw was blood.

How did even more blood get on your face? Did.. you accidentally throw up some blood onto your face? How was that even possible? You just cupped your hands together, and splashed water on your face.