Chapter 2: Good News for Tanjuro

One year after getting married, Kie and Tanjuro are happily settling into married life. Kie notices subtle changes in her body and realizes she may be pregnant. She takes a test that confirms her suspicion - she is going to have a baby!
Kie decides to surprise Tanjuro on New Year's Eve. That night, they celebrate the coming year together. Tanjuro dances barefoot around the room, spinning Kie in his arms and making her laugh. As the new year dawns, Kie takes Tanjuro's hand and places it on her belly.
Tanjuro looks at her with questioning eyes, and Kie says "We're going to have a baby. You're going to be a father." Tanjuro's face lights up with shocked disbelief, then joy. He sweeps Kie into his arms and spins her around, laughing. "A baby?! This is the best new year's gift you could give me!"

For the rest of the night, Tanjuro holds Kie close and places his hands repeatedly on her still-flat belly, marveling that their love has created new life. He thanks Kie over and over for this wonderful gift.
The new year dawns brightly, filled with hope and promise for Kie, Tanjuro and their unborn child. A new stage of their love story has begun, and they can hardly wait to meet the little one who will join their family in 9 short months.
As Kie and Tanjuro fall asleep that night, hands entwined and resting on Kie's belly, they dream of tiny feet, little hands and a perfect new life they created through their love.