⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part thirteen ˚。⋆

Start from the beginning

With every stroke, the painting came alive.I took a moment to breathe in the salty air, to savor the taste of the ocean on my lips—because I knew it would most likely be one of the last chances I had. It was a moment of blissful solitude, a communion of my spirit with the boundless beauty of this world before me.

As the last rays of the sun dipped below the horizon, I knew my painting was almost complete. I added final touches, capturing the fading light and the subtle play of shadows on the waves. It was an artwork born of my passion and heart, an earnest expression of gratitude to the ocean that brought me here in the first place.

With a sense of fulfillment, I signed my name at the corner of the canvas, a testament to my presence in this place—a witness to the ocean's allure at this very moment. As I packed my brushes and paints, I vowed to carry this memory with me, forever etched in the confines of my mind.

In fact I had many memories of this place, things I would never forget—even when I eventually grow old in age. There was a sense of satisfaction, because I had successfully embraced this present. I felt as though I could leave right now, and have no regrets.

"You finally finished?" A thin smile pressed upon my lips as I heard the voice of someone familiar approaching from behind me.

"Yes, what do you think?" Dan Heng paused, looking over the painting carefully. He brought a finger to his chin, leaning even closer—making sure he didn't miss even the finest details.

"That's incredible. I never knew you had such talent for art." I thanked him graciously, and he sat himself beside me, staring out at the real waves now.

"How did your talk with Serval go?" Dan Heng's previously calm face instantly turned sour at the mention of her name. It was so comedic that I could only laugh.

"It went about as well as you'd think." Chuckles escaped from both of us, and for a long while, neither Dan Heng nor I spoke. We were enjoying the silent tranquility brought about by the captivating twilight ocean.

My eyes naturally wandered in Dan Heng's direction—and for a few seconds, I admired the way his unruly hair caught the gentle breeze. Even his lips were curved into a rare soft smile.

The beach, the ocean, and the world beyond seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of us in this suspended moment of time—almost as if it had truly stopped.

It things froze now, would I be able to stay here forever?

Dan Heng was the first to break the seemingly perpetual stillness.

"I'm working on another poem for a book I plan to publish. Would you help me finish it?" I nodded slowly, and the young man took a deep breath.

"It starts like this—the wind blows the grass, a one in a million chance—"

"Time waits for no one." I had mindlessly finished his sentence because I knew it all too well. It was the very poem that had connected with me ever since I had read it. Both our eyes widened, his more atone to amazement—while I was in complete shock.

"You knew the rest? I was actually planning to go with that line..." I adamantly waved my hand, dismissing his words.

"N—no, I didn't know. It must've been a lucky guess. Great minds think alike, right?" Droplets of sweat formed at my temples, but he only gave me a halfhearted nod, beginning to get up from his sitting position. The young male picked up my belongings, careful of the finished masterpiece. He then offered me a hand, something that he was unable to do last time. I tenderly placed my palms onto his, letting him guide me away.

Yet, I was still recovering from the startling revelation earlier. That the very Dan Heng I am currently holding hands with was none other than 'Lunae' himself.

╰┈➤ EDITED

┌──────────────────────┐Gepard's current playlist

Gepard's current playlist

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Take the Journey by The Trailblazers

0:49 ─────ㅇ─── 1:05
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

└──────────────────────┘